Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Requesting help from VR/VS owners

les82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 304 T5 in build process, whii Statesman
hello guys/girls iam after some help with my vr com ive got 2 problems with it atm.
1.interior head linning is dropping any idea on how to fix it

costs bout $40 to buy the new roof lining and about $10 for the glue i used selly's kwikgrip.

first pull the old roof ling out by unscrewing your mirror, visors, interior lights, and the passenger handles.

then the whole roof lining will drop out. it's a little difficult to get out of the car but it's do able

once out of the car remove the old lining from the cardboard and start to clean the old glue off of the cardboard (this takes a while) once your done start to paint the glue onto the card board and atatch the new lining make sure you smooth out as you go and only do a bit at a time you will have to trim bit's and pieces as you go and make sure you glue the back as well.

just take note of how it was done from the factory. once finished cut out the bits for the lights etc and then reinstall.

hope this was helpfull

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
ECU/PCU and BCM resetting, i have been looking everywhere. Can find every other model though, just not VS

Disconnect the battery for at least 1 minute and all of the above resets back to factory default.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hey guys i'm an unusual commodore owner and lover...my vp series 2 motor is in a 89 4runner body...but to me its the heart that counts....was running beautifull but had alot of trouble lately after changing,plugs,leads,coil,computer stil running bad...at the moment i'm evan second guessing my lead placement...could somewon tell methe exact order for leads to motor....my next step is a goood scanning..lol...thankyou for your time...:whistling

Not too familiar with the Buick motor but aren't the cylinder numbers on the coil pack?

sholly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ACCLAIM S WAGON
hello guys/girls iam after some help with my vr com ive got 2 problems with it atm.
2 my fuel guage doesnt work somtimes but with a tap it works (its like it gets stuck at the empty postion when the cars off)

ty for the help

make sure you use high temperature glue
had my roof done by a pro

hawkwindnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0 vs statesman/vn 5spd 3.8 wagon
Originally Posted by THEAXE
2 my fuel guage doesnt work somtimes but with a tap it works (its like it gets stuck at the empty postion when the cars off)

try unscrewing ya gauge pod about 4 screws I think theres these plasticy things on the back that transfer the current from the body to gauge cluster
give them a bit of a clean with a bit of glass cleaner or something similar
that should fix ya fuel gauge problem

Adz_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 5L ute
hey guys
what causes the welsh plugs to blow on a vs 5L??
has anyone replaced them and how hard are they to do??

jb_plugas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2 V6 man
Hey guys im curious i have a manual vs n its done about 110,000ks n everytime i start it in the mornin and put it in reverse it squeels in the gearbox and after i completely take the foot off the clutch the noise goes away. and after the car warms up it usually stops aswel. However it does randomly make the noise during the day when put into any gear. The car does have the hydrolic clutch not the cable one as in the series one vs.
Would anyone know what the problem is?? maybe throwout bearing??

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hey guys im curious i have a manual vs n its done about 110,000ks n everytime i start it in the mornin and put it in reverse it squeels in the gearbox and after i completely take the foot off the clutch the noise goes away. and after the car warms up it usually stops aswel. However it does randomly make the noise during the day when put into any gear. The car does have the hydrolic clutch not the cable one as in the series one vs.
Would anyone know what the problem is?? maybe throwout bearing??

Yep, I would say it is the thrust bearing. I would get a new clutch too, chances that it will need doing, no sense in taking the gearbox out twice.

Mafo81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 5 speed manual
in regards to vs speed sensor, i converted my vs to a manual. it is even running on manual computer but i still only have the auto loom as it pluged straight into the manual computer and manual looms are expensive. i currently have no spedo as the auto loom was running the auto 2 wire sensor but the manual has a 3 wire sensor. is thier anyway to get it going without buying a whole manual loom just for 1 wire.

and how do i start my own thread lol. sorry very new to this

colscats

Reaction score
VR Spark Plug Gap ???

Hi all... newby here

Got a 93 VR wagon - can someone please tell me what the spark plug gap should be? I have bought NGK BPR6EFS-15's.

Car has done 227000k's - recently purchased it with NO service history or books etc.

Thanks in advance
Colscats

*** Ummm I just went out to tell my trusty Mechanic that I'd joined this forum, when I noticed a big white sticker that actually stated recommended spark plug gap.....
Hope I have at least given someone a chuckle :)
Thanks all the same

Last edited: