Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Restoring interior

Honners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Hi guys, new to this site but I just got a VS Ute a couple of days ago, its generally in good condition apart from the upper corners of the door trim around the air vents and door handles. Any ideas on how to restore these? I don't really want to have to repaint the whole door as I'm not the best with cars. Any help would be appreciated! I've attached a couple of ohotoa

Attachments

• 20181102_094724.jpg
    20181102_094724.jpg
    927.8 KB · Views: 169

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Replace the whole vent panel, that's the cheapest and easiest way. I paid $12.50 a side for mine.

Honners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Where did you get yours? Online or just from a wreckers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Wreckers man. Just be careful pulling the panels and they can scratch easily when you remove the vents to get to the screws underneath. Ideally you need a plastic trim tool.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
As Losh said, get parts from the wreckers.
Another option (not cheapest) is to use a company called Uti Colour. They will paint the trims and will look like new again, great job but not that cheap, get a quote for one in your area.
My dad used to sell used cars, some you looked at and went ekk but the next day after being touched up it was like wow check it out now...

Honners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
They do look like the do a great job actually. Might be something I'll save up for and get the whole interior redone.

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Hi, If your going to replace that trim section anyway from a wreckers then one method I have used successfully is to use a heat gun.
Remove the trim and apply
heat gradually heating it up and suddenly the surface marks will start to disappear and the original colour will come to the surface.
Take it slow and not overheat it.

There are a few utubes on this.
Cheers.