Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Rev her in neutral and dump it into drive bro" - Is anyone that stupid?

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
hahaha ive never done a neutral dump and never will but about a year ago i was manually shifting an auto (going from 1 to 2 then 3) and i accidently clicked in the button and shifted it into reverse doing about 60km....

the car just shut off and i thought i ****ed something up bad lol but then found out the computer turns the car off if its put into a position like that.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
sweet ive always been dreadin the day i do this missed 3rd into R, lucky its got a shut down then.

Mite do try it this week end in the vpadock basher

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
When my gearbox died and i only had 1st and 2nd i just to do redline bangers in my stato. Max rpm in 2nd almost straight away. I used up many many tires in that week. It was good to start a rolling burnout at 40kph. Mind you i only had 225 stockies on at the time. so no real traction there.

I have since got a new Gbox fully worked, Tailshaft and diff.

If we are desperate to do a burnout in the fairmont and it wont light up the 245's we will do a low rpm dump just to get them initially spinning.

ps. the fairmont is just a beat up heap with a pod. ahahahha

cameron20020

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 1990 V6 3.8L
i wonder if anybody has ever been cruising down the road and slapped the auto into "P" for passing:D

actually i also have done this when my brakes failed, makes a horrible grinding noise and wont engage, so i settled for reving it in reverse, saved me from running up the back of my mates bmw

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
If I remember correctly one of the torture tests for the transmission is to take the car to a gravel pit out at Lang Lang, plant the boot and swap between R and D.

gobrien002

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Series II S
If I remember correctly one of the torture tests for the transmission is to take the car to a gravel pit out at Lang Lang, plant the boot and swap between R and D.

ouchhh clunkity clunk

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Haha I have done a lot of stupid ****,

car load of mates saturday night main road, neutral to drive at 4,000rpm prob spun for 10 meters on 18s was fun while it lasted, next to a falcon of all things showing of :p

Had trans serviced and shift kit put in, and ended up needing a rebuild by the time i got it back cause all the trans was burnt out from doing burnouts and **** like that, learn t me lesson well and truely lol

Now my cars on gas you need to revv it till like 3,000 when as u flick it over to gas or to petrol either way so it can use that last bit of fuel left in the motor or something like that the gas bloke told me, was cruising along wanted to put it on petrol, at 60 shifter was sticky pushed it past neutral into reverse and stalled it coming towards a roundabout **** myself

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&

that would of been the VK trimatic tests ive seen it on a doco held at max revs on seal and changed from drive to reverse over and over again while smoking the tyres was a crack up the box survived that no worries :thumbsup:

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
I think some people don't realise also that if you hold your foot on the brake while neutral dropping u can do proper burnouts. Not that i do. If the commy doesnt feel like spinning i use some water. But it always and i mean always spins because i only ever do that stuff with my stockies that have completely bald tires, i call them my v8 supercar tires lol.