Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Black Screen - does PRK SW need connecting JVC 2DIN

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
I have a JVC KW-M750BT it is installed and most of it is working fine. The reverse camera wire is connected into my reverse light wiring and when I put car into reverse it activates the camera BUT the screen is black. There is the parking sensor wire that I have not connected yet and did read that it needs to be connected for any video display to work.

How am I going to reverse with the park brake on, is this how this wire connection works or does the Head Unit just want to know it has been connected.

I read another thread people suggest just earth out the wire, I haven't tried this yet. It seems a bit strange to need a park brake connected just to view reverse camera!
Manual: http://www33.jvckenwood.com/pdfs/B5A-2850-00.pdf - see page 89 for the PRK SW
Unit: http://au.jvc.com/car/av_receivers/kw_m750bt/
All this is into a VT Commodore. I have searched for a diagram showing this type of installation but no luck, old images not available etc.

Any help ;)

Edit: I found this video it looks like it might be the answer.
Still if you have done this or know it is all that is needed please comment.

Last edited:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
The video only works when the hand brake is on (you are not suppose to drive when the video is on. To much of a distraction).

This doesn't apply to the reverse camera. Have you ran a video cable from the camera back to the h/u?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yellow is reverse video in, Purple / white to reverse lights on car, light green to parking sensor which will disable any video until handbrake is on.

Last edited:

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
all I have left to connect is that green wire, I havent pulled console apart to locate hand brake switch is it possible to just ground that wire. I dont have DVD in this model so wont be driving watching video, just reversing watching display so I dont run coronavirus people over

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
all I have left to connect is that green wire, I havent pulled console apart to locate hand brake switch is it possible to just ground that wire. I dont have DVD in this model so wont be driving watching video, just reversing watching display so I dont run coronavirus people over
Yes just put it to ground, but don't play videos while driving or face a big fine and 3 demerit points. I have mine to ground but I don't watch movies.

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
fixed it didnt need the PRK-SW to ground.. I forgot to plug in red and black wire i.e. camera had no power haha all good now

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
Yes just put it to ground, but don't play videos while driving or face a big fine and 3 demerit points. I have mine to ground but I don't watch movies.

I dont even klnow if my H/U plays DVD's it has a video out and can plug in gaming console etc but I just got it for GPS via iPhone and Spotify via Apple Play

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
fixed it didnt need the PRK-SW to ground.. I forgot to plug in red and black wire i.e. camera had no power haha all good now
Good one, you might find without the earth your phone apps may not work as to stop the driver from using some apps while driving.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline