Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

Obx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Just had my 30K service and had my MYlink upgraded. No problems, guidelines are there and working. My is a 2013 SSV Redline. All good!!

DruiD

Black is the new RED!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Phantom VF Calais-V
Just had my 30K service and had my MYlink upgraded. No problems, guidelines are there and working. My is a 2013 SSV Redline. All good!!

Thanks Obx... yeah I think as we move forward and the dealerships have had time to get their @#$& together OR once someone (like one of us) has been through the dealership - we should start to see smooth MyLink updates for all.

knight001

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB MY19 Holden Commodore VXR A9 3.6Ltr
So went into Heartland Holden Blacktown today to have my My Link updated with reversing guidelines, clip to stop movement in drivers seat and service campaign on ball joints. Thinking to myself get it all done in one booking... Service advisor lets me know all ready to go.. Walk back to my car and finally I see reversing guidelines when I select reverse but no bluetooth. The option was missing. So I went and go the tech and he tried to re-install the software again and still no go.

So car is there overnight as he said they will need to order a new silver box (new head unit). Given an worn out VE Equipe for the night... Hopefully its all sorted tomorrow!

How annoying for a simple update... Grrrrrrrrrrrr... :mad:

knight001

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB MY19 Holden Commodore VXR A9 3.6Ltr
So after getting my new Silverbox (Head Unit) replaced and the My link software updated I now have the reversing guidelines + my bluetooth back! I had to wait tonight till around 630pm for my car but the tech allowed me to come inside the workshop and showed me the update in progress.

Once it was all done he had to clear the DTC codes or fault codes as he said and was set to go... He told me these updates require VIN checks so anyone downloading copies on-line that someone might have got from Holden.. Dont do it as it will stuff up your unit... Each software update requires re-programming of the My Link which also ensures that the Silverbox (head unit) is set to the VIN of your vehicle.

But Im just glad its all done now... And the guidelines are fantastic :yahoo:

Lowy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf callais
Does This update also improve the function of the iPod usb connection? My iPod currently takes a hour to index

gazpep

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline auto
Got the update done at the first service and now have the reversing lines but as I mentioned to the Service guy when I booked it in the maps are not current - we live in a new residential development that was opened 4 years ago and our street still isn't in the map, it's no big deal but a bit of an annoyance.

Really love the Redline, we bought it as a weekend car just to do road trips and it is the best car I've ever owned.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I had my 2014 redline serviced last week (9 month), they didn't upgrade the my link system so I told them my wife's iphone wouldn't stay paired, had it done today, it took them 3 hours now I have the guidelines :p

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
Can someone upload the version number for the latest update. Just want to check mine. Still havent got the grid lines

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Funny reverse guidlines which moves with the steering. Need time to get use to it.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Got the software install, wont call it an upgrade as had a frank conversation with my Service manager.

Its not an upgrade, asking for one you will be told there isn't one. Its "just a different version" and its not standard to install it unless there are issues, with touch, reversing sensors and Bluetooth. So I told him I have all those problems and it was done.

Its a feature add plus the screen is more responsive and fast, im unsure why they don't do it as standard.