Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
A day before I took the ute in for service I had a call drop out on me and my radio signal has always seems to waver from great to crap, so I mentioned this to the service manager and by his response I didnt hold out much hope for the software upgrade under warranty. To my surprise when I later picked up my car the service guy said they did upgrade the software. So I now have the reverse camera lines, my radio reception is now strong and the mylink screen doesn't go from bright to dim randomly. Was told by the service guy that I will be receiving a survey and anything below a 10 (max is 10) is deemed a zero by Holden so it looks like service dept are stepping it up a bit although they were supposed to rotate my wheels and I know they didn't as I have a scuff on the front right wheel and its still in the same spot. Anyway, very glad now the mylink is now working as it should.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Hey easyrider475, when was this, and any chance you can get your current software version number?
I'm wondering whether this "January 2016" update is available.
Would be nice if it got rid of some false-alarms in the collision-warning system, and fixed a few glitches like the HUD not dimming all the time when the lights come on & the MyLink display sometimes not coming back to full brightness when the lights go off.
Or even the bipolar audio/entertainment memory - it's just a bit jarring when you get back in the car having bought your 3 bags of ice for the Straya Day esky, and Tunnel Of Love is playing & you'd left the car with Master Of Puppets halfway through ... OK it probably aided fuel consumption, I guess ... :)

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Or even the bipolar audio/entertainment memory - it's just a bit jarring when you get back in the car having bought your 3 bags of ice for the Straya Day esky, and Tunnel Of Love is playing & you'd left the car with Master Of Puppets halfway through ... OK it probably aided fuel consumption, I guess ... :)

:lmao: Bit of a mood killer there!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
HUD has an independent dimmer that controls the brightness from daylight to night time

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
HUD has an independent dimmer that controls the brightness from daylight to night time
... and gets confused on occasion, eg. you'll go into a tunnel & it doesn't dim so it's glaring at you, or you'll turn the car on at night & it's glaring at you ... but stop & turn it off, and it's back doing what it should when you turn the car back on.

Chrisj911

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf ssv commodore
Put my car in for the 30k service at Melton Holden today, I requested the software update, and listed at least 5 things wrong with the current version. Well guess what, no update, he told me they did a full reset of the system and that I already had the latest software, even though it hasn't been updated since 2014. I told him I know for a fact that there is an update and he told me that is only for major issues and that it would take about 3 hours, like I care how long it takes. I have put in a pretty big complaint, considering customer care has told me that software updates are supposed to be a part of every service, free of charge. I'll post the end result, but in the mean time, stay away from MELTON ALAN MANCE HOLDEN.

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
Checked mine when it had a service in mid Dec and the software was current. Checked it again last Monday and there was a update available. USB download around 3gb, one hour to download and another hour to install. Had to enter a key sequence of up/down of the seek buttons to initiate the instal after the files had been verified.

Can't pick any difference yet though.

Chrisj911

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf ssv commodore
Checked mine when it had a service in mid Dec and the software was current. Checked it again last Monday and there was a update available. USB download around 3gb, one hour to download and another hour to install. Had to enter a key sequence of up/down of the seek buttons to initiate the instal after the files had been verified.

Can't pick any difference yet though.

You say it like you downloaded it yourself? Where did you check to see if an update was available?

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
Yeah I did I have a GM MDI (to connect to the car) and access a subscription to the GM AC Delco TDS site. 2 day access is US$55.