Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
[PHOTOB][/PHOTOB]Hey Forg here is my software update number that just got installed. Really happy with the update, navigation looks like it's had some tweaks too. Hope the pics upload ok.
Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 479
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 504

DruiD

Black is the new RED!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Phantom VF Calais-V
@Henry19720 - just like ChrisJ911, just seeking more info from your 1st hand experience and the update. Wondering if you needed to use the scantool \ perform some function after doing the usb key update, or the usbkey update alone did everything (once you were able to determine the relevant downloadable update to the key - assuming using the scantool\GM web etc)

@ EasyRider475 - hiya just wondering what year\model Ute you have and if listed in this thread, your previous radio versions?
I am still chasing my update - 2014 V6 Calias V Wagon, goes back in with instructions from Holden Care to the dealer - but no guarantees even from Holden care.

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
Hi Druid, sorry I don't know what the previous version number was, however it was the original software that came with the car when it was built in May 2013

wombat tow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss sedan

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
Hi Druid,

I've only done the usb update you are then meant to perform the "Program" update as well. From what I can figure the usb update is the mylink software only not anything VIN specific eg no map updates.

The head unit I'm using came out of a ute (my car was not built with Nav) and the moving reverse gridlines where added (previously weren't there) but the graphic for the parking sensors still shows a ute. I got the vin wiped so it would work in my car and get a hardware mismatch error when trying to perform the second part. So I have a MY15 with a dvd player!

So yes I used the MDI tool to initiate the 3gb download from GM but some of the visual differences are possibly in the programming (second sequence) that you are supposed to perform once the usb update is installed.

I think some people have been told the moving grid lines can't be added but this headunit was from a Jan 2014 built vehicle and they are there now.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I think some people have been told the moving grid lines can't be added but this headunit was from a Jan 2014 built vehicle and they are there now.

I have a very early build 2013 VF Redline and it has had a software update where the reverse lines are now in place and working. So yes any VF can have that feature.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
[PHOTOB][/PHOTOB]Hey Forg here is my software update number that just got installed. Really happy with the update, navigation looks like it's had some tweaks too. Hope the pics upload ok.
Cheers

I also just had the exact same update on my early VF Redline and also very happy with it. My wife and I both have Windows phones and they work much better with this build. No problems with bluetooth at all, which was a problem before.

Another thing I have noticed is the girls voice in the menu system and nav is much smoother and doesn't stutter like she use to in my early build car. Syncing phonebook is also much faster. USB audio indexing flies now too. The other thing might just be my imagination, but it really does sound like the stereo sounds better, at least on FM. First thing I noticed when I got in the car. I checked the audio settings and they are still what I set them to. Weird, but would be interested if anyone else has picked up on this.
Dan

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Cheers

I also just had the exact same update on my early VF Redline and also very happy with it. My wife and I both have Windows phones and they work much better with this build. No problems with bluetooth at all, which was a problem before.

Another thing I have noticed is the girls voice in the menu system and nav is much smoother and doesn't stutter like she use to in my early build car. Syncing phonebook is also much faster. USB audio indexing flies now too. The other thing might just be my imagination, but it really does sound like the stereo sounds better, at least on FM. First thing I noticed when I got in the car. I checked the audio settings and they are still what I set them to. Weird, but would be interested if anyone else has picked up on this.
Dan

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
Just had the ute in for its 1500km checkup, I asked the guys at the dealers if they could do the guidlines update for me. As usual they were more than happy to help out, however for some reason they were unable to download it? The checkup took maybe an hour then they spent the rest of the day struggling with the update, they reckon it would download most of it then freeze up and suspected a problem with their internet connection. The cars going in at 7500km's for another oil change so we'll try again.