Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

wombat tow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss sedan
I got the update done this morning the only thing I have found is that the guidelines are there for the camera and that's it but I haven't really had the time to sit down and look at it properly

DruiD

Black is the new RED!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Phantom VF Calais-V
After a quick chat to Holden Customer care the other week they advised to go back to the dealer service center and customer care redirected the dealer service team to the relevant update for my vehicle (but they couldn't give me specific details \ or didn't want to at the time). Finally got the time today to drop it off and was all sorted in 2-3hrs apparently.

Invoice reads:
"Revised software available to [correct] current concern - TLS2540B-1511"
"Reprogrammed Radio, transformed files as required. All ok"

Not sure why this didn't get this done so easily on my 25/30,000kms service a few weeks ago (Post Here) as I was told my software was all up to date already, or whether by me contacting Holden Customer Care it was 'authorized' under warranty and thus why it went ahead this time (as Holden was paying for their dealer service time?) - either way - its done and my B\hrs heavily used Iphone 5 is working great. Dealer Service team said they had started to see more Iphone issues - but this was the first time they heard of this specific 'update' so its a good thing I persisted and Holden Care were able to steer them to the correct update.

Fixed? Seems so - No address book or dropping pair issues. Siri even likes it better :)
Bonus - dynamic reversing lines - yes they are there. Works well, lines are thin - but also to my way of thinking this is a good thing so it doesn't obscure anything small - after all its only "guide lines" anyhow. Yes, they were turned on by default in the radio setting - first thing I noticed actually backing out of my daycare after picking the car up from the service department.

New Issues \ Difference noted? -
Radio \ Display - slight increase in the frequency of the on\off of the auto-brightness\dimming of the Radio etc - HOWEVER, I am not normally driving in this same areas (tunnels, under bridges, under overhanging trees, shaded areas) at this time of day (twilight) so could just be that - will monitor over the next few days. Hopefully update has not created more sensitive light 'sensing' issues

Bluetooth - all old pairing wiped (expected this) - I re'pair'ed and looks good. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to pair all my devices :)

Navigation - All address book entries wiped (Arrgg.. should have expected this .. but didnt - ouch!!)
- Bit annoying to re-enter all my work related & holiday destinations, took 30 mins to re-enter them all - not a big deal in the scheme of things.
- Also notice the 'keyboard' when entering addresses is far more responsive?

USB media indexing - also reset, but yes, also appeared to be much faster.
- Never noticed the issue others have where last played song reset to start of index after radio\car is switched off\on - will watch for it...

All in all - my key \ most important issue appears fixed so far - so happy camper!! Thanks Holden Customer Care.

Last edited:

Pallbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
I take it if your car has been updated to have the reversing lines they will always be active when you select reverse?
There is no option to toggle them off or on?

Mines a 2013 (MY14) model but i havnt seen the reversing lights. I did check the software update page on the screen and i had about 3 pages worth (i think) of updates carried out. Was really hoping it was fully updated to include the reversing guide lines.