Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera SV6 VE2 2012

Barbj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6
Reverse Camera SV6 VE2 2011

Hi I brought a SV6 this year didn't get a reverse camera in it,should have, bad vision out the back. Thought ok will get one fitted, rang 2 holden dealers they said it was a factory option in the series 2 and they dont fit them. I was really wanting it intergated into the IQ system, can anyone help ??

Last edited:

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
They told me the same thing about the Sat Nav, can't have it added on. The car has to be manufactured with it in there.

mad macks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute S2
I had a reverse camera installed in my SV6 series 2 ute last week by ASL Automedia.
All holden parts i think ,$585 fitted
Integrated into IQ
Highly recommended

Darks

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6
To get through Holden after delivery, no go (I ordered Sat Nav, Reverse Camera and the DVD for this reason). The dealer stuffed up and didn't do the DVD player and I had to go aftermarket (which didn't intergrate with IQ) and is a royal pain in the arse.

Go after market and you can get it. Although, I am loving the reverse camera, very helpful!

Barbj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6
Thanks I rang them today going to book it in

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
The camera in the ass end looks quite big. I didn't think the factory fitted ones were so large. Do you have a pic of your install?

Barbj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6
Havin second thought. Spoke with holden today they said if I have it intergated into IQ sytem the IQ system will not be covered under warranty, does this worry you ??
It is totally ridiculous, holden wont do it so they cant recommend anyone else. The guys a ASL Automedia said they just enable it thats all.

Darks

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6
Mines not noticeable at all. It fits under the sill of the boot (in between the reverse lights)

The camera in the ass end looks quite big. I didn't think the factory fitted ones were so large. Do you have a pic of your install?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
definitely a factory fitted option... no way dealer is going to stuff around pulling out half the car interior to wire it all up. when I bought my car, I had to pick a car further back on the production line because I wanted camera... they wire it all up very early in the build process.

i can understand why the dealer wont touch it.... although I know this doesnt help you. but if you can find an aftermarket mob to do it, definitely get it done mate. every car should have a reverse camera- they are bloody terrific.

there is maybe another option.... instead of going through the dash, my camera screen actually comes through the rear vision mirror. it's an integrated mirror that gives you full mirror in normal use, and then half the mirror turns into a monitor when you put it in reverse. added bonus is that it automatically dims headlights of cars behind you at night. i actually prefer this to a monitor mounted in the dash, because when you reverse you are already looking at your mirrors (not your dash). my point is, maybe instead of going through the dash, maybe you can get a new rear vision mirror installed? still a big job to get cables and stuff to that area, but it does give you another option to consider (that doesnt involve voiding IQ warranty).

sv6man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 M6
I have a camera connected to the rear-view mirror in my SV6. Works very well, although is smaller and less bright than the IQ screen. Still have the rear sensor graphic on the IQ when I engage reverse.