Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ricehunters Inc.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I'll bet on the magna forums they're bagging out commodores with their clubsport kits and V* SS rims..

Nothing wrong with the car in the first post, nothing at all.. HSV VE's come from the factory with bodykits and 20"s, by your thinking they would also be a fisher-price "my first ricers".

BTW: Ricer doesn't mean an asian car. Definition comes from earlier years when people would modify their Honda exhausts to make them louder but not add any performance, the smell was very similar to burning rice - hence rice burner, then just ricers. It's a phrase used to cover modifications that add aesthetic features to a car without worrying about the performance aspects.

IMO if a car has the performance to back it up there's no problem with big bodykits and over-sized rims. Just by looking at the cars you have no idea about the drivetrain performance or what modifications have been done, for all you know (and it's damned not likely) that magna could have a transplanted RB26DETT or LS2 V8 under there, and be converted to RWD. It isn't impossible (just highly unlikely :p).

I don't think it's fair to bag out other peoples cars, which they have bought and customised themselves, probably putting weeks worth of work into them. If they're being a tool and doing stupid things in the car that's another thing, but I stand by the belief let people do whatever they want, at the end of the day it isn't hurting you - and everyone's likely going to be doing it in the future, so just go with the flow :p

Is this what being a Commodore driver or fan is all about? Complete one sidedness, believing the best cars in the world are ones with a Holden badge on them and hating anything which isn't a V6/V8? I know I'm a fan of cars in general, Holden I hold a special place for because I've had so many but I'm a fan of any car, I can appretiate the work done to all cars, the customisation, etc. even to Fords. There are some awesome Fords out there, as well as some amazing Japanese and European cars.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
ye im not a fan of any mitsu.. but my mums would leave u 4 dead...
its embarassing, but so true. ive even got a deal goin with all my mates. if theyre holden can beat my mum in a drag i'll give em 100 bucks

Show me the money... where and when...?

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
I'll bet on the magna forums they're bagging out commodores with their clubsport kits and V* SS rims..
Eh I'll gladly do that on this forum too.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Magnas aren't bad. Actually the young bloke next door, had his mate over, with his new EVO and said that they run a 12 second 1/4 mile stock and he gave a SS a flogging.

I wouldn't underestimate the Mitsubishis, as they would leave alot of our cars for dead.

I am talking about racing any Magna not a Lancer EVO.
I have run a few WRX STI's, EVO's ect and i have beaten a few and some have
got me in the end..
I dont think they run a flat 12sec 1/4 out of the box ??

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
I dont think they run a flat 12sec 1/4 out of the box ??

no they don't, my mates dads got a STi out of the box it does 13 and the STi and EVO are almost neck and neck in every aspect, both brillient cars and hope to own either one of them one day:D

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
no they don't, my mates dads got a STi out of the box it does 13 and the STi and EVO are almost neck and neck in every aspect, both brillient cars and hope to own either one of them one day:D

Don't get me wrong they are a great car i even came close to buying a STI but i didnt like the interior and my head touched the roof ( im over 6ft tall)
I just felt more comfortable in a SS Commodore..
I guess it depends on the driver/conditions as i have beaten a few and some have served me up as well...
You can't beat an AWD STI/EVO in the wet even with traction control....:bang:

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
haha well my mum lives in geelong.. and p.s. IM A GIRL! haha
so im guessin if ur ever in geelong im sure she'll gladly give u a shot..
and i'll have that 100 on me 'just in case' :p

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Don't get me wrong they are a great car i even came close to buying a STI but i didnt like the interior and my head touched the roof ( im over 6ft tall)
I just felt more comfortable in a SS Commodore..
yea i know what your sayin, im just over 6ft and if i didn't like the comphyness of the calais (and had a bit of extra dough) i would have gone one to.
I guess it depends on the driver/conditions as i have beaten a few and some have served me up as well...
You can't beat an AWD STI/EVO in the wet even with traction control....:bang:
yea thats right, i was rapped when i did a STi once then my mates dad told me to race someone that can drive...he raced me and killed me:cry: it's amazing how well they do corners thats where i was lost:yeah:

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
haha well my mum lives in geelong.. and p.s. IM A GIRL! haha
so im guessin if ur ever in geelong im sure she'll gladly give u a shot..
and i'll have that 100 on me 'just in case' :p

My apologies... If im ever in Geelong or you are in Syd let
me know... lol