Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Richard's 1980 VC - Blue 202 4speed

VC_Richard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore SL
Posting a few pics of my VC

IMAG0022.jpgIMAG0015.jpgIMAG0014.jpgIMAG0132.jpgIMAG0095.jpgIMAG0078.jpgIMAG0059.jpg

Mr. Brightside

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH 253 4 speed, 2006 VE SSV M6
Super clean, love the originality too.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Has this thing even been driven ? Looks fantastic.

VC_Richard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore SL
Thank you guys.
It is very clean and tidy indeed. Unmolested.
Bought in Canberra new in 1980 and a true one owner. genuine 143,000kms on the clock (got all the paper work from sale till now).
The inside is gorgeous and the outside is really good too. A garaged car and extremely well maintained.

As you can see I have done a few cosmetics like painting the Air cleaner, replacing the decal and new overflow bottle. Plus some other trim that was getting brittle (chrome outer strip and rubber on the drivers side and rear passengers).
Was lucky that Berco rebuilt the original engine during conversion to unleaded at the same time in 2003 and also put in a clutch kit. Parked and stored. The original owner couldn't drive it anymore and passed away in 2010.
Anyway his daughter knew how much I lived my cars and took care of them. So about a month ago approached me and that's how come I've got it. I'm big on my skylines (32GTR, 32 4 door and 34GTT) so this will likely be sold.
Amazing thing is no rust anywhere. F/R window sills and boot wells all awesome.

I've fully serviced it (all fluids, filters, plugs, rotor button, contacts) had it check tuned.
Replaced the front callipers, BMC, rear wheel cylinders, machined the rotors and put new pads in.
The only thing left to do is the hotbox. Doing that on Tuesday.
All new gaskets, skim the exhaust manifold and fix the flap. It just makes a slight rattle noise on decel and I hear this was the common issue with these.

But yeah 100% unmolested :D

Edit: Apologies - 3rd and last post JC :(
Prefer posting to be almost realtime. Waiting 24+ hours for moderators to approve posts is IMHO excessive.
I am certain there is a good reason but waiting patiently is not my strong suit.

Last edited: