Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rick Kellys' championship win advertisement - MUST READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSCLUBBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
FYI:

4 black flags for bad sportsmanship over the weekend. 3 against Lowndes. I am ashamed to be a Holden supporter...

Attachments

• Rick_1.jpg
    Rick_1.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 227

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i reckon thats saying something, lowndes' team is bitching too much.

seriously, kelly tapped lowndes, he got a drive thru, lowndes didnt get knocked out of the race. lowndes had ana ccident with another car later in the race and had wheel troubles which his team decided not to fix, but to keep pitting in to swap tyres or something. they wanted someone to blame, kelly copped it. i saw the footage of the "punt", didnt look very hard, nothing different to the many other taps with different cars that had no penalties.

what were the other 3 black flags and who got em? (i didnt get to see the race, was working)

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
i reckon thats saying something, lowndes' team is bitching too much.

seriously, kelly tapped lowndes, he got a drive thru, lowndes didnt get knocked out of the race. lowndes had ana ccident with another car later in the race and had wheel troubles which his team decided not to fix, but to keep pitting in to swap tyres or something. they wanted someone to blame, kelly copped it. i saw the footage of the "punt", didnt look very hard, nothing different to the many other taps with different cars that had no penalties.

what were the other 3 black flags and who got em? (i didnt get to see the race, was working)

How can you know what happened if you didn't see the race. Kelly hit Lowndes (was deemed to be his fault). It spun Lowndes and another car hit him giving him the LHF wheel camber problem. Had this problem not have happened and his car was fit to race Lowndes would have actually taken the title as Kelly had to come in for the drive thru.
One of the other black flags was to Tander for blocking in race two.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
its called news updates and my father watched the race. i saw the "hit" on tv when i got home. dad said his problem with they tyre was a result of a clash with someone else after the kelly bit.

might have to download the race and watch it myself but then again, it would be a waste of bandwidth since its already in the past.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
haha, your a fool if you think that.

Your hero lowndes was safe where he was, then thought he's be a briight spark and move forward and stop on the racing line. What'd he expect, everyone would just go around him cause he's Mr Untouchable.

Todd managed to not get cleaned up, so clearly lowndes cracked under the pressure. Blaming Rick for craig stalling it is total crap, and you know it is.

Start looking at the situation with your head, not your heart!

Also, how about you get your own pic, rather than stealing someone elses 'ingenius' work
*note sarcasm on the above line*

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
It sure gets everybody talkin.....How do the stewards punish the people who break the rules...drive though penalties .....simple as that and they were given and served ...what do the ford wankers want ....rights to their first born!
Geeze they have changed nearly every rule over time to let thm catch up to the commodores and they have produced results for ford racing teams....what a joke that next year we cant retain our road VE cars wheel base for the race car .....why not ? ..scared that Mr ford will take his bat and ball and go home....... Mr Ford Australia if he's capable will have to engineer his cars to be better to compete....isnt that why we race...In the immortal words of Howard Marsden "To improve the breed"

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
FYI:

4 black flags for bad sportsmanship over the weekend. 3 against Lowndes. I am ashamed to be a Holden supporter...

that just shows who the officaldom is backing doesn't it

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i really felt for Lowndes on Sunday. having said that, you can't blame Rick for going for it, it's not a niceness contest.

but Rick will be keen to win it again next year on his own terms. no one can deny it's a really awkward way to take it out.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
if it was the first race of the year and that happened no one would care, its ony cos its the end that ppl r sooking. the incident shouldnt have been treated any different to any other race of the season.

last year ambrose took skaife out on 2 different weekends,w e didnt protest and sook, what makes the ford fans so special that they have to complain all the time. i think 3 championships in a row have gotton to their heads

Status
Not open for further replies.