Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rick Kellys' championship win advertisement - MUST READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
its called news updates and my father watched the race. i saw the "hit" on tv when i got home. dad said his problem with they tyre was a result of a clash with someone else after the kelly bit.

might have to download the race and watch it myself but then again, it would be a waste of bandwidth since its already in the past.

The way you said it sounds like the incident (lowndes getting hit) happened 10 laps after he was spun (this is what the stewards decided so I'll go with that), instead of right after the incident.

Cav

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
cav.bigblog.com.au
Members Ride
VE II Omega Ute; Fairmont Ghia
The tap that Kelly gave Lowndes was a little tap which usually results in a drive through.

This is what happened.

However he was neck and neck with Lowndes in the championship. That minor tap ended up killing Lowndes chances of winning the championship.

That makes it different.

Imagine if a Ford driver had taken Kelly out in the same circumstances - would your opinion be still the same?

Kelly should have parked his car after he was aware that Lowndes championship hopes were dashed.

That would have been the greatest act of sportsmanship in the history of V8 Supercars. Kelly would have been a hero.

What is he now, a hollow champion?

VSCLUBBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
The tap that Kelly gave Lowndes was a little tap which usually results in a drive through.

This is what happened.

However he was neck and neck with Lowndes in the championship. That minor tap ended up killing Lowndes chances of winning the championship.

That makes it different.

Imagine if a Ford driver had taken Kelly out in the same circumstances - would your opinion be still the same?

Kelly should have parked his car after he was aware that Lowndes championship hopes were dashed.

That would have been the greatest act of sportsmanship in the history of V8 Supercars. Kelly would have been a hero.

Spot on!

Look, I love Holdens (especially my VS Clubsport) just as much as the next bloke, but it certainly has tainted the championship win.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

This is what happened.

That makes it different.

A ford driver did spin a holden, in T Kelly. Was Todds race over, no. Exactly. Lowndes' car was fine where it was, but rather reverse and lose a few more positions (positions he could've easily gained, and in the end would've gotten back in front of Kelly because of the drivethru) he decided he'd be a hero and block the racing line. Well of course 1 out of 30 cars is going to clean you up is you park across the racing line.

Park his car? the idea of the sport is to come first. No-one in their right mind would give up there first title just because the competition was out of it (again, his own fault, nothing to do with Kelly)

And if course, your come back will be 'if he wasn't spun, it wouldn't have happened' but then you get into the ifs and buts debarcle, such as if skaifes car didn't have a steering problem at sandown, or didn't screw the clutch at bathurst....Even go as far as saying what if porters car was half a metre ineither directions, chances are he'd still be here racing!

what about IF our country didn't have a moron leader, we wouldn't be Australmericans now would we.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
A ford driver did spin a holden, in T Kelly. Was Todds race over, no. Exactly. Lowndes' car was fine where it was, but rather reverse and lose a few more positions (positions he could've easily gained, and in the end would've gotten back in front of Kelly because of the drivethru) he decided he'd be a hero and block the racing line. Well of course 1 out of 30 cars is going to clean you up is you park across the racing line.

Park his car? the idea of the sport is to come first. No-one in their right mind would give up there first title just because the competition was out of it (again, his own fault, nothing to do with Kelly)

And if course, your come back will be 'if he wasn't spun, it wouldn't have happened' but then you get into the ifs and buts debarcle, such as if skaifes car didn't have a steering problem at sandown, or didn't screw the clutch at bathurst....Even go as far as saying what if porters car was half a metre ineither directions, chances are he'd still be here racing!

what about IF our country didn't have a moron leader, we wouldn't be Australmericans now would we.

Well said, watch the video, lowndes was already losing it before the corner, he then took out T Kelly, then he whinged and bitched because someone hit him because he stayed on the racing line.
As much as i dislike R Kelly, he did nothing wrong. It doesnt matter when it happened wether it be Round 1 or the final race of the year, the same penalties apply and the penalty was given.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Well said, watch the video, lowndes was already losing it before the corner, he then took out T Kelly, then he whinged and bitched because someone hit him because he stayed on the racing line.
As much as i dislike R Kelly, he did nothing wrong. It doesnt matter when it happened wether it be Round 1 or the final race of the year, the same penalties apply and the penalty was given.

haha, i forgot to add, i dislike R kelly also, Perkins all the way for me (damn richards going back to ford)

Status
Not open for further replies.