Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ridiculous $$ being asked for series 111 utes.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
In all fairness I thought the OP was referring to a rolling chassis. The term roller has two meanings. Sometimes we assume one thing and sometimes that's wrong. Personally if the original post had roller engine then there would have been no confusion. It's quite common to call a rolling shell a roller. If the OP had meant rolling shell, then would we have had people thinking the OP was talking about a roller engine? Maybe who knows?
Having written 100s of 1000s of words through my years of training and 21 years working in the community sector I know how easy it is to misinterpret the written word. Unfortunately few of us are able to articulate written words into a meaning that can't possibly be misinterpreted even partially.
When l read it, l thought cam. I thought the same as @vs-lover.
I've been amazed by some of the comments.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
When l read it, l thought cam. I thought the same as @vs-lover.
I've been amazed by some of the comments.
Yeah and this is how things can get misunderstood, written words can mean something to one person and and something else to the next person, just because 10 people know what was meant, doesn't mean 10 others don't. Ask me how I know? I written plenty of emails and forum posts and people have misunderstood my meaning. Not really fair to get berated because of simple mistake.

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Yeah and this is how things can get misunderstood, written words can mean something to one person and an something else to the next person. Ask me how I know? I written plenty of emails and forum posts and people have misunderstood my meaning. Not really fair to get berated because of simple mistake.
I totally agree.
Been plenty of times l was going to comment on something, then thought shutup, maybe l miss understood it. Sometimes that would be correct, other times, like this thread, l understood what he was saying from the start.

Its all good. We are only trying to help ourselves & other people. Sometimes we can, sometimes we can't?

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
i have no idea what has been done under the bonnet. all i can say is that i have never owned a v8 bfore so ive nothing to compare it to. maybe saying 120 easy was a bit much but i have wound it to 120 a few times in second and it wasnt valve bouncing ( so to speak ) i have no reason to talk ****. this thing of mine is not slow. first gear is a waste of time. it hammers, so what would have to be done to get what i get. ,it doesnt sound over cammy but it is lumpy. i know a lot more about red motors than i do v8s. and that knowledge is limited. ill get it together with my girl and take a vid. im not selling it anyway. i sort of made that fairly clear in my last post. maybe you just have a **** motor and have had the guts flogged out of it?? who knows. i know what mine can do. maybe my speedo is out? maybe youre jelous, bitter and twisted, i dont know. these utes are what theyre worth. a couple of comments arent going to make a difference to the price. if you think they might you are just plain dumb
Righto champion. The majority of this thread is people trying to translate you but I'm the dumb one.
I'm out enjoy.

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
Righto champion. The majority of this thread is people trying to translate you but I'm the dumb one.
I'm out enjoy.
i never made the comment about roller being a shell. no one needs to translate what i have to say. Anyone that has been unable to understand WHAT.im saying or needs to do some form of translation, its true what losh1971 was talking about. i dont think anyone means any harm. i apologise if i was offensive to you. sorry mate. i was a bit offended when i was told that my car cant do what ive seen on the speedo. you ok with that champ?
There were about 1,000 Olympic models sold. They got a few goodies like power windows and ABS included. I saw one recently - dreamer wanted $10,000 for it but it was very shabby condition, the paint was peeling off. So would be nearly another 10 grand to fix up.
mine hasnt abs

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
The term "Roller" was referring to the engine, you read what you want in it, but in the end the terminology is there and you guys all read it WRONG !
Yes, I know that but there are many ads on Gumtree/ Marketplace that say it's a roller, meaning it has no engine or transmission