Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Right rear speaker not working

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
This should be interesting.

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
This should be interesting.

Tell me about it, I made sure they knew I wasn't happy and I made the point that they want nothing to do with me but don't hesitate to send "exclusive invitations" or phone calls to "special" deals.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
You say you are unemployed and don't have the money to fix issues, but you own 3 cars (VE and two skylines) and drive a 4th (a VT) so just sell the VE then!
How can you not have the time to get car services done when you aren't employed?
I work full time and I take a day off to go and get my car serviced at a dealer thats out of town but has great service- if you are doing bugger all km's, you should only have to do this once a year. Ive had issues with my VE too but it can happen to any car, its either the luck of the draw or its been treated like crap. As I said if you hate the car that much- just sell it because the longer you keep it the less its worth and the more you will be winging.

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
Yeah I know what your saying but on the other hand, the ve is better for the family, it is a great car when everything is sweet dont gets wrong, that's why I brought it, but it's just how it's all fallen apart once the warranty has run out, that's the issue I have and told that to Holden. I would never sell my skylines, to much money invested and also abit dangerous to run a family around in, vt has no air con. So in a sense iam kinda stuck with the ve for my families sake and if Holden come to the party, why not keep it if they come to some resolution on fixing these issues which IMO are faults with the car. Not the rotors that can happen on any car but the likes of the bearings when my mates 08 omega has never had any replaced. The power window, the snapped door handle and there rediculous prices to repair is where my issues stands, I also told Holden that iam on the verge of taken the issue to the ombudsman or fair trading as I can't get the help when I need it and the salesman told my a whole web of lies just to get my sale. As for selling cars, it's taken me ages to get what I want so iam not getting rid of anything, it's not so much I can't really afford to fix the issues, I just won't until Holden atleast comes to some resolution or discount for the bs they have spun to me. I can get the car services now but I've been working 6 and half days a week for over 12yrs that's when I was told I could get them done by the salesman which turned out to be a complete lie. A for your info, my ve is spotless and is hand washed and waxed, oil changes and such I mainly do myself.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
From the other side of the fence....How long do you extend the expiry date of a warranty and still remain viable? 6 months??? 12 months??? Very touchy issue, that has been complained about since it was introduced how ever many years ago

Cost of repairs.....most people aren't happy with the costs.....The problem starts with all the gov't regulations that a workshop has to adhear to (ie the costs involved in adhearing to them).....not to mention the other costs associated with just opening the doors. Unfortunately, those costs have to be passed onto the consumers. And yes, there are arguments for an against this

After hours service......I have been in the situation numerous times, where a customer promises to be there at a particular time after hours..so I have waited for them, only to have them ring up half an hour or so later, saying they aren't coming....
So my question to you is, how many times to you do this before you draw the line in the sand? 3, 4 10 times??? Is this situation happening at this particular dealership...I suspect it is

The suggestion put forward by DANS VZ.....sell the VE.....good idea....You mentioned the VT doesn't have air con....spend some coin and fix it.....that's providing that car isn't as much as a problem as the VE is....kills 2 birds with 1 stone....the coin you get for the VE can be put into another make of car

Finally....No I'm not having a dig at you....I'm putting the other side of the story out there, so you might see what it is like fro the other side of the fence

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
From the other side of the fence....How long do you extend the expiry date of a warranty and still remain viable? 6 months??? 12 months??? Very touchy issue, that has been complained about since it was introduced how ever many years ago

Cost of repairs.....most people aren't happy with the costs.....The problem starts with all the gov't regulations that a workshop has to adhear to (ie the costs involved in adhearing to them).....not to mention the other costs associated with just opening the doors. Unfortunately, those costs have to be passed onto the consumers. And yes, there are arguments for an against this

After hours service......I have been in the situation numerous times, where a customer promises to be there at a particular time after hours..so I have waited for them, only to have them ring up half an hour or so later, saying they aren't coming....
So my question to you is, how many times to you do this before you draw the line in the sand? 3, 4 10 times??? Is this situation happening at this particular dealership...I suspect it is

The suggestion put forward by DANS VZ.....sell the VE.....good idea....You mentioned the VT doesn't have air con....spend some coin and fix it.....that's providing that car isn't as much as a problem as the VE is....kills 2 birds with 1 stone....the coin you get for the VE can be put into another make of car

Finally....No I'm not having a dig at you....I'm putting the other side of the story out there, so you might see what it is like fro the other side of the fence
You made a very valid point, me and the Missus had a talk about it. We will wait and see what the big cheese from Holden offers before we make a decision. If what he offers is reasonable, then well go down that avenue, if not, might have to sell it.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Just a bit off topic here , Did you fix the speaker ??????????:tease:

Mario Struwig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE 3.6 Sidi
Just found out from my son that his speaker doesn't work in his door (right rear) what next to go on this crap car. Has anyone else got any ideas why it's not working. Iam over this car, brought it brand new in 2010, since the warranty ran out, my bearings have gone, busted a door handle, drivers window stopped working. Whats next, worst car I've ever owned.

Also I just warped my front left rotor, now the whole car shakes like buggery under braking. Least than impressed comcidering they had the guts to make a doco "the million dollar baby" and boast about how this car is specifically designed to Australian roads and conditions. Blah as if, sorry for the rant but it seems as every day goes by it just brings another issue with this car. I would never buy a Holden ever again after this abismal effort. Sad part is, the wagons look sh17 hot, even stock. Sad sad state of affairs.

Mario Struwig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE 3.6 Sidi
I had the same issue with both rear speakers not working and found rust corroded both speaker connections. I spoke to the local Holden dealer who informed me this is an issue with Holden for moisture inside door panels. I have replaced both speakers and all good now