Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have learnt a bit since starting the job and found out the hard way things I didn't realise in the beginning. I thought the backs were not painted and so when I put on paint stripper to speed things up, I found they are painted on the inside, because the drips took paint off, meaning I had to strip each entire rim.

Had I really thought about it, I reckon I would have been better off, sanding the edges like I did, fill anything deep with Devcon, sanding it smooth and just roughing up the old paint, after feathering it out. I haven't looked into it too much but vids I've seen since, this seems to be what the professionals normally do, instead of going down the full strip and sandblast route like I did. I could of saved $150 on grit and stripper had I done the latter and probably 4hrs of my time.

Locl67vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore l67
Bbs or hre rims are nice. Abit pricey but they look alright and most of them have a bit of a deep dish. If you want something cheaper try motorsports, they're easy to come by because most BMW's have them as stock or as a popular aftermarket rim.

I've seen a guy sell a set of motorsports 245/r18 with new tyres for $350.

Attachments

• 7133_18_MBL_STU_1_900x.jpg
    7133_18_MBL_STU_1_900x.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 66