Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rip shift

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
race version is a full shaft from the shifter to the knob ... the street version uses a stub and your stock shifter shaft so if you get the street version your shift hight will be exactly the same as before . i got the race version so i could get nice quick stiff shifts ... for thos who dont know, shifting points are very close aprox a 40% shorter throw from memory and of course the direct gates to 3rd are a great help at the track . also it has positive stops so you can smash each gear as hard as you like without busting syncros . this item can be easy or a pain to install it took me a bout 2-5 hours to do mine and about 3 hours the second time haha some can be different but fairly basic install . i have also heard that when using the street version that if you use say ebay short shifters it may be harder to smash gears as what it would be like with a standard hight . if you order the race version and dont like it you can order the street stub for $80 bucks from gm and swap between the two and find out what you like best ..
hope this helps
nate

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
ahhh yes and no ... if you buy the race version you will need to get that rod out off the knob to slide onto the new shaft and should be sweet ... if you get the street version you will need to get a new stock or short shaft as well .. il post some picks so you inderstand

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
ok so here is the race shaft ... you can see its a full shaft and you slide your knob onto the top ... the reason why you need your old bar out...

race.jpg

and this is the street version ... what you have broken and pulled out is what bolts onto this ....

street.jpg

so if you want a street version you need a new shaft
if you want a race vesion you just need to get the broken bar out of the knob

i have race version and i installed the street on my mates crewman
had a small issue with an ebay short shifter and needed a hammer to fit it as it was to tight

i have had no troubles with mine i suppose it is noisier than the stock one but for the way it works i believe its worth it

hope this helps .
let me know if you have any more questions