Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rockers not fitting after cam?

MACE

Reaction score
Okay I'm back. So I ended up going from 206rwkw to 237rwkw and 490nm of torque. Chiptorque costs $200 an hour for dyno tuning - it cost me $500 for mine to be done. I'll post up dyno sheets when i find myself a scanner.

Glad to hear it's all come good :thumbsup:

What was exactly done to achieve that gain?

Cheers
Steve

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice. how does it drive?

MACE

Reaction score
Ah good figure then :D

You'll definitely be able to get even more power out of her, but running more boost (would have to run it past Tim though as he know your setup better then me)

You can still do this by not even having to touch the blower pulley, but but running a much larger air filter and smoother filter/blower piping.

Glad it's all sorted though :D

Cheers
Steve

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Yeah I'm currently running the 10psi setup. There is an option of smaller pulleys for 12psi but the guys at chiptorque (tuning mob) recommended I stay away from that as they've had many experiences where power actually goes backwards due to the higher draw of the charger not being offset by the added boost, plus it's more stress on the bottom end. I might have to start experimenting with 4" piping again and a better filter then.
Having said that short of the supercharger itself, the cam is the best bang/$ part of the car, and I recommend anyone supercharged/ing to think about putting one in.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah in the end higher boost pulleys just increases low end torque more and more and more with no real major gains up top

MACE

Reaction score
yeah in the end higher boost pulleys just increases low end torque more and more and more with no real major gains up top

I suppose it would mainly come down to characteristics of the supercharger Ii guess in which case Tim would be able to best answer that question.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
oh its a raptor charger not a L67 forget my above post LOL

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
If you don't mind post up or PM me the cost of the dyno tune as I need to take my car back to Chiptorque to get a retune. But yeah post up the dyno sheet when you have it.

I've put the dyno sheet in my raptor thread and my ride thread (linked in sig)