Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rockers on vy super6

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO
Just got some 1:9.1 YT ultralight rockers installed on my l67 . Gave it quick squirt on the way home . Doesnt seem any different to how it went before. Just wondering does it take time for the ecu to adjust itself or do rockers not really make that much of a difference? Also What type of 1/4 mile could be achieved with my current mods, rockers, 10 psi pulley and hsv vy exhaust.
Cheers

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
You will reap small gains with the rockers. The PCM will learn but you should still see an instant change. Those mods in the VY body will likely see mid to high 14's.
Cheers,
Chris

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Took the negative terminal off the battery for 15 mins then put it back on and took it for a drive to fill up some fuel. Wow its quick haha. Would chop the sv6 sidi i owned not along ago. power delivery seems alot smoother than before. Ive only got a stock hsv catback but i rekon the exhaust has gone a little deeper when its being reved. On idle its about the same as before.hopefully it will become even quicker once i do a bit of km on them .

Last edited:

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Def looking into it more at tax time.. Would love a set for sure

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
What have you done on the intake side of things?? Like filter cai??

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
Rockers will make the mid range and top end a little bit better if you have supporting mods such as better intake and exhaust, more free'r flowing.

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Havent done anything to the intake side of things. Never really thought there would be a worthwhile gain for the money spent. Is it worth doing? Might look into BYE cold air intake later on but im pretty happy with how it goes now. Anyone know ballpark figure for rwkw ? Hoping to see around 165-170 rwkw after a tune .