Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rough idel/surging/missing

vn1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive series 1 v6 1989
put fuel in my vn today and started it up was running fine but then it started surging an missing on 2 cyl i think soulded like it i also have a faulty tps could this be some of the problem for the surging and is there any way i can tell what cylenders its missing on or just replace all the plugs and leads? i also put a series 2 coilpack on not long ago but when i first put it on it made it run better so im not sure

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
When my tps died it would not idle at the lights and had to keep your foot on the gas as well at the lights to keep her running..Did it happen all of a sudden or slowly go like that? how long since the fuel filter change?

vn1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
When my tps died it would not idle at the lights and had to keep your foot on the gas as well at the lights to keep her running..Did it happen all of a sudden or slowly go like that? how long since the fuel filter change?

fuel filter change a few months ago but its never really had that much fuel in the tank so it could have picked ip all the gunky crap off the bottom and im not sure if i slowly went like it it ran out of fuel and then i put fuel in it and noticed it was missing.. out of the exhaust it kinda sounds like a lumpy cam.. and i dont know what the problem is with the tps it idles but the engine light is on and i did the code and its 22 tps

vn1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
help any 1... just replace the leads and plugs u recon?

xCalliba

EPICVN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1 5.0L, VN 'S' Pack project, VY S2 5.7
checked the injectors to make sure they are all clean mate? if you keep the fuel reasonably low then it may have picked up some crap?
Wouldnt hurt to check them out, maybe give the fuel rail a clean out while your on the go

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
try fuel from another servo if it just happened when you did that, brand name or a new servo you haven't been to before?

vn1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
checked the injectors to make sure they are all clean mate? if you keep the fuel reasonably low then it may have picked up some crap?
Wouldnt hurt to check them out, maybe give the fuel rail a clean out while your on the go
i was thinking about doing that and redoing the o ring seals because some of my injectors woble around might also change my fuel filter when i get around 2 it

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
the injectors will wobble and move around, unless you can see fuel stains which will be quite obvious, they're not leaking

vn1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok thanks for that and also i dont think my car is really missing (it might be) but my exhaust has a dirty hole in the muffler and when my car idels it kinda sounds like its missing but at the same time the exhaust sorta pops were the hole is so i was kinda thinking that its causing the problem (gunna get a lukey soon) also it dusnt do it in any real sort of pattern like it would if it was missing

Last edited: