Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rough idle Alloytec

grug07

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
hey, just wondering if u worked out what the problem was my car makes the same noise

kronich3244

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Manual, VZ SV6 Manual
that same thing ticks in my car... but its not constant like that... say if i give it a little rev once my foot leaves the pedal and the revs start to drop it will click once... happens everytime i give it a little rev!

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
Solenoid pulsing at idle makes a fast ticking sound. Sounds like dodgy injectors.

I still maintain it should not operate at idle!

Neil83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
My sv6 does the exact same, the holden techs may say its normal, but if was buying a brand new vz sv6 at the time, I would question/even not buy it!

paddingtontv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EXECUTIVE WAGON 06
My 08/06 VZ is running rough as I have had it only three weeks. I already found one rubber hose stuffed, so I am going get the kit of all the hose's then check the plugs and cables then jets. I have already fixed the water leaks I think i fixed the power train fault, now going to work on the rough running engine. I'm on a runner guys.
Regards Ron

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lumina S
My 08/06 VZ is running rough as I have had it only three weeks. I already found one rubber hose stuffed, so I am going get the kit of all the hose's then check the plugs and cables then jets. I have already fixed the water leaks I think i fixed the power train fault, now going to work on the rough running engine. I'm on a runner guys.
Regards Ron

My chevrolet Lumina S i.e. Holden SV6 does the same, at the time of idle it start clicking. I don't know whether it is fine for has some problem. In cross reference, i checked in chevrolet cruse engine, that was also doing the same clicking sound at idle. In my car Even i checked the vacuum leaks but nothing found even i made vacuum across EVAP solenoid and it is fine. But there is finding if i temporarily disconnect power connector from EVAP then engine get smooth in engine was running rough. So, the problem is somewhere in EVAP system.

Please someone help with proper solution.

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
Was it the evap solenoid in the end?lol
Mines clicking now an slight rough idle,
I had the solenoid out today an blew in it,it doesn't blow through,
Does that mean the solenoid is working?
I can't see any leaks,
The small hose on the manifold coming from solenoid is clicking too,
I can hear/feel it,
Wonder should I just buy another solenoid, See if that's fixes the clicking an rough idle,
I've done lots of other things

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Was it the evap solenoid in the end?lol
Mines clicking now an slight rough idle,
I had the solenoid out today an blew in it,it doesn't blow through,
Does that mean the solenoid is working?
I can't see any leaks,
The small hose on the manifold coming from solenoid is clicking too,
I can hear/feel it,
Wonder should I just buy another solenoid, See if that's fixes the clicking an rough idle,
I've done lots of other things
Just do it. $50 and you will answer your own question one way or another. I replaced mine, it kept ticking for a few weeks then the ticking stopped and now it's quiet. Who knows.

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
Just do it. $50 and you will answer your own question one way or another. I replaced mine, it kept ticking for a few weeks then the ticking stopped and now it's quiet. Who knows.

Yeah I get what u mean,
Just I've done afew things now an it all adds up lol,plus holden want 100$ for th solenoid,
But f it il just get it on Tuesday an see if it fixes the problem,
How's yours running besides?
Have u ever replaced your pcv valve?
I've read a lot about holden not making the right pcv valves for vz,
I've had ultratune take mine out an clean the valve, Wonder is there a bigger/better valve I could buy

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Mine runs perfect (VE) LEO.
Make sure you run one of the good full synthetic oils because they smoke less so don't fill your pcv up with so much smoke and **** like cheaper oils. You can't get a bigger PCV valve that I'm aware of, you just drill the hole out a bit bigger to let the vapours out quicker. The size of the hole is the important thing.
Learn how to do your own oil changes so you know what goes into it!