Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rpms increase and stick when changing gears

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
I have a solid flywheel setup and nope still holds rev's between gear changes.

Red_Demon24

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ute
ohhk yeahh i couldnt really see the flywheel being the cause of this...
whats the solid flywheel set up like any better??
i whent for a drive in my mates v6 5spd manual vy ute yesterday and his is perfect when changing gears so this has to be fixable...
im thinking it is either the ECU telling the car to do it, or something in the intake line or throttle body, i have been thinking MAF sensor but im not sure its really got me stumped, im getting a quote this week sometime to get the car put on a dyno the mechanic i was speaking to thinks something isnt right aswell he dosnt believe it should do it

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
the solid flywheel is ok not much difference you wouldnt even notice. a must do for when your clutch craps itself and
yea i would say taking it to for a dyno tune may be the only fix. Ive aso had a mechanic put this suggestion to me
In theory it would be just as simple as a sticky tps but as ive seen many people go buy brand new tps and iac and to no ressolve this may be the go.
The guy may be able to play with the ecu to fix it on the dyno.
Be sure to let us know how you go

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
OZ38 said:
It is part of the Tune, nothing wrong with your engines. The autos do it to when they back off the revs pulse a little bit before slowly dropping.

ohhk yeahh i couldnt really see the flywheel being the cause of this...
whats the solid flywheel set up like any better??
i whent for a drive in my mates v6 5spd manual vy ute yesterday and his is perfect when changing gears so this has to be fixable...
im thinking it is either the ECU telling the car to do it, or something in the intake line or throttle body, i have been thinking MAF sensor but im not sure its really got me stumped, im getting a quote this week sometime to get the car put on a dyno the mechanic i was speaking to thinks something isnt right aswell he dosnt believe it should do it

As I said above it is part of the tune. Nothng to do with flywheels etc. Putting it on the dyno will do nothing for you unless they are going to alter the tune.

Cheers

Deek

Red_Demon24

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ute
but if it was part of the tune wouldnt all the cars do it? i have been in a vt that dosnt do it, a vy that dosnt do it and also a vu that dosnt, i have been in alot more cars but only took notice in these recently to see if they did do it or not and they didnt:S
if your saying their cars are faulty because they dont do it, i would deffinately not be getting it fixed if i was them.

Lschu23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S2 s-PAC
but if it was part of the tune wouldnt all the cars do it? i have been in a vt that dosnt do it, a vy that dosnt do it and also a vu that dosnt, i have been in alot more cars but only took notice in these recently to see if they did do it or not and they didnt:S
if your saying their cars are faulty because they dont do it, i would deffinately not be getting it fixed if i was them.

Was there any avail to having the car tuned? I hate how the car does it, it drives me nuts!

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
This seems to happen a lot with commodores that have been converted to manual from auto, its to do with the tune, as a lot of manual conversions just use a modified auto tune instead of the factory manual ECU. Ive noticed that when I leave my auto in neutral with the engine running and roll it downhill, the engine revs will rise up well over 1000 rpm. Id say theres some setting in the auto tune that uses the vehicle speed sensor input to adjust revs, as this is the only sensor that can detect that the vehicle is rolling downhill when in neutral..

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
good dig lol.its programmed in the tune to open the iac when the car is rolling so it doesnt die when you clutch in.adding exhausts etc make the iac counts in the tune to high and they rev a bit more than stock.it also happens if anyone has messed with the idle screw and opened the tb more than stock and the tune still commands the same amount of steps for a more closed TB.

Charlievx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s2
Mine is a converted manual VX and I have this problem too. It will stick for a good 3 seconds very annoying. I will be going for a dyno tune at chip torque soon. Do you think they can modify this in the tune?

Lschu23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S2 s-PAC
I thought it was in the tune. It's so gay though, i love my car so much but this one thing just makes me hate it sometimes, and that's saying something.. Can anyone recommend a place to get it tuned around Brisbane? Or could it be fixed by putting a tuned ecu or something likewise in it. Thanks in advance