Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Running E85

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Thanks for the tip. I’m currently looking at doing Dart block with forged internals good for 1500; so we can really turn it up in the future!
thats exactly what i just done except ly6 iron block, all good bits then i dont have to worry about anything, it is different with iron block weight if ur someone that notices every little change in ur vehicle but im getting use to it, but im manual so just a clutch much easier then having to make an auto box to suit

Fallsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon
thats exactly what i just done except ly6 iron block, all good bits then i dont have to worry about anything, it is different with iron block weight if ur someone that notices every little change in ur vehicle but im getting use to it, but im manual so just a clutch much easier then having to make an auto box to suit
i hear you re the auto…it’s a bit of a nightmare. Either spend a fortune on a 6l90 and have it rebuilt or go a 4l80. I’m not keen on a 4l80 in a daily with freeway k’s. I contemplated an tr6060 swap, but it just seemed too hard.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i hear you re the auto…it’s a bit of a nightmare. Either spend a fortune on a 6l90 and have it rebuilt or go a 4l80. I’m not keen on a 4l80 in a daily with freeway k’s. I contemplated an tr6060 swap, but it just seemed too hard.
or cos im manual already i can just bang in a T400 and its good to go, i do like the manual with the power of the blower tho as i can use any throttle i want and dont have to worry bout it kicking down a gear and smoking the rears, i just leave it in a higher gear and just use the torque

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Some pretty big numbers claimed by Circle D if 6 speed is important to you. I think a couple of auto shops in Aus say around 800hp at the crank, so Circle D's 1000hp/1100hp at the wheels is a huge claim! If I was ever in your position, I'd be capping the HP to keep the box if those claims were true. I like my 6l80e.
Circle D Offers High Horsepower 6L80 and 6L90 Parts
https://www.circledtrans.com/circle-d-transmission-now-offers-high-horsepower-6l80-and-6l90-parts

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
i highly recommend johnson lifters if ur needing to replace yours, they cost a bit but they are the best
Johnson tie bars to get rid of the plastic trays?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Johnson tie bars to get rid of the plastic trays?
yea i think they do good replacements if u want keep the trays but if ur replacing them may as well just go the tiebar style then u dont have to worry about them ever again, with the johnson's u will prob need longer pushrods too they are at a different height to most others

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Heh heh heh ... "johnson".
b973c0be41741f59b9a18e4279de2889599b86b8.gif

Fallsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon
Some pretty big numbers claimed by Circle D if 6 speed is important to you. I think a couple of auto shops in Aus say around 800hp at the crank, so Circle D's 1000hp/1100hp at the wheels is a huge claim! If I was ever in your position, I'd be capping the HP to keep the box if those claims were true. I like my 6l80e.
Circle D Offers High Horsepower 6L80 and 6L90 Parts
https://www.circledtrans.com/circle-d-transmission-now-offers-high-horsepower-6l80-and-6l90-parts
I did look at this, but can’t really find reviews, so am nervous. It’s a big margin between Circle D’s claims and the figures here from builders; which def sows some seeds of doubt.