Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Running In Subs?

W

WILD_VT

I will be running 3 relatively large amps and i expect that they will draw large amounts of power and a capacitor ensures the sufficient power is there in reserve or is being provided doesnt it????? plus i expect it to make my lights and headlights etc dim when stereos on and the capacitor will stop that as well wont it????

or can you suggest something better to do or will it not be necesarry?

cheers

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
The cap will basically only reduce headlight dimming. You should install everything else and then see if you have any electrical problems. No point wasting money on something you might not need.

How big are your amps? I have two at the moment, but soon to be three. My current two are rated at 2400Wrms x 1 and 200Wrms x 2, so 2800Wrms in total and I don't use a cap and only have minor headlight dimming in my VT.

W

WILD_VT

well i dont want go out buying stuff i dont need

but i will have 1x 4000watt 2channel amp (1000WRMS per channel) so 2000WRMS
+
also i will have 2x 2000watt 4channel amp which are 600-800WRMS each

so i will have about 3200-3600 WRMS if thats how you add it up???

i will be powering 2x 15" subs and 6x 6.5 splits speakers.

thanks for your help please make any suggestions that you think may help.

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
lol yeh thats pretty bad of them 2 keep her stuff ay
not sure on the qaulity....i bought 2 sony xplod 15s from there not long ago for $399...
maybe incar at fairy meadow might have some good qaulity ones....they stock all the good stuff like focal, boston, rockford...etc worth a look if u already havnt been there.....

W

WILD_VT

a mate used to work for them but waiting for him to get back from newcastle before we go there so he can see what price i can get but yeah havent checked there either on that reaon.

thanks for the thought anyway.

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
yeh no worries mate..... not too many shops 4 good car sound round wollongong unfortunetly.....oh besides strathfield ofcourse :rofl:

W

WILD_VT

LOL i pitty those people lol..... NO LIMITS was awsome while it was here (all of 5-6 months) but they stocked all euro and american brands and had some the most awsome stereo gear i had seen in a shop........ but they where only running for 6 months and closed down (big time drug dealers should stick to running drugs not car audio shops lol)

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
hahahahaha yeh thats true.....
yeh that was a good shop 4 the short period of time it was open...