Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RvtRvx's Delft Blue Monaro/SS Kitted VX Lumina Now a Manual!!

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
cars looking really nice! money spent on it now and you could of just about had an SS for real tho

still a nice car, imo I think the SS spoiler will look nicer on it, no wing just looks too plain like an executive.

what colour interior did you get? please say grey or blue :)

Youd be surprised, I havent spent as much as you would have thought. Dads a mechanic so saved a **** load there. Just found good bargins :)

Would love an SS however P plate power restrictions screw that idea up :/ Plus an LS1 conversion could always happen down the track ;)

I agree about the spoiler too, Glad its on there

Well the interior is Red, the plan was to recover the whole lot in black leather whilst it was out of the car but Needed room in the shed so I had to chuck them in the car and get rid of the old interior.

The Red doesn't look to bad though, il get some photos ASAP.

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
VY SS SII Interior

Interior Pics!
Eventually these will be covered in black leather with no "SS" logo. But for now, they are ok :)

DSC01590.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

DSC01581.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

silviadore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
wow! i love the interior! are these VY or VZ and is the upkeep of the red easy to keep clean?

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
wow! i love the interior! are these VY or VZ and is the upkeep of the red easy to keep clean?

they are from a Red Series 2 VY SS. Pretty sure the same seats are in the VZ's just with a different pattern on them. And so far they have been easy to keep clean actually, havent had any issues. They are so much better than my standard seats, don't get a sore arse any more lol.

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
Spoke to my panel beater today, Bonnet will be painted in two weeks :) atm trying to track down some Genuine Vent inserts and am quickly finding out that they are very hard to find. I have fibre ones but would rather not use them as I think Genuine are better

Anybody know where i could pick up some genuine vent inserts?

Needsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT Commodore Acclaim
Looks great man love the exhaust and the body kit great job overall. very jealous of the manual conversion too.

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
Massive Huge Manual Conversion Update!!

Looks the goods man, you won't regret the conversion haha.

Interior looks nice though, weird on blue though but it'd be alot comfier

Thanks mate! Yeah I know it looks a little **** but getting them re-trimmed in black leather :)

Looks great man love the exhaust and the body kit great job overall. very jealous of the manual conversion too.

Thanks Mate!!

Well, Well, Well, its been awhile but its time for a picture heavy update!

Last Thursday and Friday the car went in for the manual conversion and I'm pleased to report that the whole thing was a roaring success.
No major hiccups everything went very smoothly and the car feels and drives like it should :)

Anyway enough talking here are some pictures:

Commodore on the Hoist, Have the Hoist made the whole job a million times easier. I do no know how some poeple did the job without one!

2011-12-08_14-10-46_65.jpg

Out with the Old ;)

2011-12-08_14-08-10_969.jpg

Auto Trans, Tail shaft and Cat Removed

2011-12-08_14-07-43_872.jpg

For anyone who is interested there are NO dowel holes on the Auto crankshaft. So currently my car does not have dowels from the crank to the flywheel

2011-12-08_14-07-53_441.jpg

Flywheel Installed

2011-12-09_08-49-43_43.jpg

Manual Trans Installed

2011-12-09_10-01-34_575.jpg

2011-12-09_10-01-26_866.jpg

2011-12-09_10-01-55_622.jpg

Shifter Mounted up (the little black bracket cost $109.. DevilDRake you will understand, #### you Holden)

2011-12-09_10-01-45_718.jpg

Manual Tail shaft Bolted to the new Trans

2011-12-09_11-03-53_353.jpg

And to the Diff, there was a tense moment when the tail shaft was too short but a few hits with a rubber mallet and it lined up perfectly ;)

2011-12-09_11-04-05_579.jpg

And for anyone interested this is the difference in the exhaust brackets, the mount on the cat needs to be flipped over so the little rubber clip will fit. Its okay for awhile though just cant do and crazy dukes of hazard jumps ;)

2011-12-09_11-07-57_462.jpg

Well thats it, I wanted to take more pictures but it was getting to hard.
The conversion has been the most worthwhile thing that Ive done to my car, Its so much better to drive and its exciting every time I hop in the drive somewhere lol

If any of you guys have questions about the conversion feel free to ask me.

Cheers!

PBestii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S-PACK
Nice rig dude, just wondering how the the manual conversion cost u all up?

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
Nice rig dude, just wondering how the the manual conversion cost u all up?

Thanks Mate! All up it was about $1300 plus a bit more for for replacement mounts and things. My dad is a Holden mechanic so saved about $2000 in labour there I reckon. Would not have even though about it without having him and his extensive knowledge about the car