Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ryan's VS Spack

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
the rear muffler was sitting 25mm too low, everywhere around the car was alright height, so nothing else.

soo i dont need to get a roadworthy so im happy about that haha. lucky and unlucky at the same time.

just going to take it to the exhaust shop tomorrow and see if they can mount it up a little higher, if not ill have to chuck the rear springs back in.

that sucks mate, your car must be sitting fairly low if they defected you for it, ive never had a trouble with cops and i thought mine was pretty low.

hopefully defect gets cleared soon and the mods keep coming.

ryflyy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spack
that sucks mate, your car must be sitting fairly low if they defected you for it, ive never had a trouble with cops and i thought mine was pretty low.

hopefully defect gets cleared soon and the mods keep coming.

it never really looked defect-worthy low to me at all, but ah well, sh*t happens.

UPDATE
been a while since I posted, havent done anything to the car lately as I broke my jaw last week and have been bumming around at home doing nothing. Got the defect cleared and after paying my fine am starting to save moneys for my car again haha :)

im thinking ill leave the car as is for now, maybe put the springs in later on down the track or buy some sl's

ryflyy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spack
been a while since I posted, plans for the car have been put on a to-do list due to being 'in-between' jobs.

after putting stock springs back in it feels like driving a freaking 4wd :(
and I replaced my rear wheels ;) cause they were gone. but no hatin im getting them replaced in the next few weeks!

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

silly car wanted to go for a swim the other week but I said no cause the water was too cold
IMG_0546.jpg

and got some new led globes for the dash, way brighter then my old ones and they do the job! the middle right globe doesnt work but hey, who goes over 140k's? ;) thats a joke, i dont speed.

IMG_0571.jpg

ryflyy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spack
the trim for the doors only cost me about $40 from ebay, pretty good steal, but the chrome on the rear quarter windows has to come with the window itself, and i found a pair at the wreckers and only paid $25.

so it can be pretty cheap but you just have to have a look around and be patient.

but yeah chrome would look real good on your colour car :thumbsup:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Looks good mate , Man you even did the chrome strip on the taillights like i did lol

ryflyy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spack
Looks good mate , Man you even did the chrome strip on the taillights like i did lol

haha yeah? i never saw it on your car, saw it on a few others and thought why not? looks pretty cool.
i had the venetians up and everything but then got hit with my defect so i want be as un-cop-noticeable as possible for a while haha, stockies dont help but.

Am i able to take the chrome trim off the quarter and transfer to mine. Cause i just got the windows tinted :/

i dont think so :/ when i bought the door trims the seller gave me the trim from the window but i dont think its possible to swap them, i see no way for it to come off

ryflyy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spack
haven't had an update in a while, so thought I'd chuck some pics of the beast up :)

bought some stockies cause my older 17's with the tyres were gone and thought id save some cash!

011.jpg

014.jpg

who doesnt love kebabs?
019.jpg

024.jpg

also picked up some statesman leather seats. super comfy and theyre in great condition! the front seats are a little worn here and there but im happy with them.

029.jpg

030.jpg

got over having the white dash so I painted it all silver :)

032.jpg

033.jpg

Last edited: