Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sack that sandilands?

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
the only reason i clicked this thread was cause i thought it aid "sand in sandals"

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
How is it that the Chaser's got taken off air for for a joke that some felt was bad taste but these clowns are still on air??

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Been a while since I could hear much in my car, but Hamish and Andy and ABC talk back rock :p so I haven't heard much else of anything

VZ SV6

2005 VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 190kw & VZ Acclaim
Yeah I agree, its all a ratings game. Anything to spark a bit of controversy to gain listeners. I was listening to their show a couple of weeks ago and they were having these call up confessions, and this one idiot rings up and admits to his partner that when they had a break from their relationship, he got with another girl and got her pregnant. Why the f*ck would you confess to that on radio and make your partner upset?? I felt so sorry for the girl and it made me angry that anyone would find enjoyment out of this crap.

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
*devils advocate* i actually dont mind Kyle, it's good to have someone on radio with a set of balls...but when it comes to some things it's a bit far... in this case over the edge too far.

personal thoughts aside - i agree what has happened is bad.

but the mother would have HAD to known the type of questions. what sort of mother does that to her OWN child!?

those sort of questions shouldnt be asked of a 14 year old, unless there is the consent and DEFINATELY NOT ON RADIO!!!!!!!
no one has pointed the finger here at the radio station.. it is JUST AS MUCH THEIR FAULT as it is KYLES AND THE MOTHERS! there is a person sitting outside the

the radio producers would have known what is happening which is morally wrong (asking a girl sexual related questions who is a minor) and shouldnt have let this continue.

the mother should have really done something about it rather than just sit there
the mother shouldnt have put her child in a cornered situation!!! who knows what that girl felt when she was being asked these questions.

it wouldnt have been easy.

Coxy_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VE GTS
Seriously, I hate Kyle but if you start blaming him for what went wrong you're all idiots.
Firstly, he didn't initiate that question, her mother did.
Secondly, he wasn't the one playing it live. Producers should have realised thats something you delay the broadcast of... in case that happens.

And yes it was a stupid follow up question, but can you honestly say you know exactly what you'd say if faced with the coming out of a girl who was raped at the age of 12? Was probably just a knee jerk reaction he thought of, said it and regretted immediately.

And as for the people working the buttons... they're the ones who could have ended the airing the second this came on, but they let it continue... not Kyle.

He's still a knob though.

Totally agree with you! Good to see some people can think for themselves and not just eat up and beleive all the media crap!

Im not a fan of kyle or jakie o, infact radio as a whole is mostly junk and not worth bothering with, but in this situation they dont deserve to be blamed for this, not entirely anyway.

Not one media report, even the news paper today makes no mention of what the hell the mother was thinking, when she should wear 99% of the blame for this! She was the one who set it up, and she chose and asked the questions, knowing full well what had happened to her daughter but acted like she didnt care or it wasnt something big!! Even if her daughter hadnt been raped, asking her about sex and no doubt other personal questions on air is disgraceful! Not only has her mother humiliated and embarrased her on air, shes no doubt left her with more deeper emotional scars than she had before, as if she needed it given what shes been through.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
say what you want, I made up my mind when I met the guy and he was the biggest knob ive ever met

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
yeah, sack that sandilands, and that girl that works with him, jakie o both just as bad as each other, i wont listen to b105 in brisbane casue of the morning show, and those pair, both drive me 100% mad, they dont to funny stuff, they play on peoples emotions.

xlr8_87

No longer a commy driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 Prado 4x4
I guess at the end of the day they got what they wanted.. attention.

maybe so... but name one person who's going to go and listen to their show now just because of this?