Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Saddam Hussein to be executed

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
All this talk of 'human rights' and "Oh, it's wrong to give someone the death sentence" it's a little irrelevant.

The way I see it is, he's f***ed up, and he went on trial, and he got sentenced to death. The main point is, he was trialed in their country, and he has been sentenced under their laws, and their punishment system. And in this case, that just happens to be the death sentence. Not much we can do about it. Like it or not, he's going to die.

I agree it's only going to make things worse, with all hell breaking loose through his supporters, but it's the way it has happened. Not much we can do about it.

But, it's one less asshole in the world.....

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Americans have killed or caused the death 100's of thousands not 100's. I do have a different opinion and I'm also very suprised, I was shocked to see 60% of Australians think it's good that they gave this verdict and it seems like that 60% is somhow 90% on JC.

I just think everyone that's stuck in their little anti arab god bless the United states mind set has no idea about what causes violence and conflict in the first place and I'm not changing my mind either :)

I agree with you. But, I don't really want to take part in this discussion so I'll leave it at that.

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
I agree it's only going to make things worse, with all hell breaking loose through his supporters, but it's the way it has happened. Not much we can do about it.

But, it's one less asshole in the world.....

It couldnt really get much worse the way the world is going!! And that last comment i couldnt agree more.

Good Riddance Asshole!!

Thing that gets me is why is it gonna take a week or two to get rid of him?? Let me over there ill sling up a rope in notime just find the nearest tree, I suppose theres not many left that havnt been blown up or what not.

Anyway thats my 2 bobs worth.

Cheers,
Brownie

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Think on this, those of you who would see saddam hussein tortured and beaten, if you would wish such terrible things on him merely because he visited such things on other people, in what way are you morally superior to him?

I've got mixed feelings about the death penalty, I mean obviously society is going to be better off without certain un-rehabilatable criminals but on the other hand, a wrongful conviction can't be taken back if the wrong guy has been killed. In any case, if it is to be done it shouldn't be done by stoning, crucifixion or anything barbaric like that, the only option as I see it is a quick death to remove them from society. Anything more gratuitous would be to seek revenge, which isn't what justice is about.

I'm no fan of the freak, I think he needed to be removed from power, but if you judge the leaders of the modern world by the standards that hussein was judged and found wanting, there are plenty of leaders who should be deposed, many of them in charge of western developed countries. Anyone who believes that WMD horseshit is kidding themselves, The US government invaded for their own reasons which the public will probably never know for sure. I've heard all sorts of crazy theories, from oil, to protecting the value of the US dollar, to whacked out conspiracy theories about drug money and they all make more sense than chasing after chemical weapons that they had to have known didn't exist. Fact is our leaders haven't been honest with us and have initiated the deaths of thousands of people for a cause that turned out to be wrong, shouldn't they also be on trial for their actions?

From the other side of the fence, check this out, in his last two presidential elections saddam recieved 100% and 99.96% approval, I mean come on, if you're gonna rig an election at least make it look plausible!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2331951.stm

ssn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS Supercharged
He gets killed for killing people, then the U.S will be attacked by his supporters for killing him. It's an endless cycle. He should have had life in jail, not death sentence.

lmao so true, and agreed.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
this is as personal as ill get, having a mother who is a druggaddict (i do not live with her, never have) i am full aware that drugs kill people. however, importing it should not merit the death penalty, people are free to choose what they do, be it use drugs or not, people are not forced into using drugs, they buy and use freely. im sure some people are forced, but this is generally a personal decision.

pedophiles may derserve death, druggies do not. a druggy is somebody who is addicted to drugs, it is not them themselves who are bad, it is the disease.

human right #2 nobody, ever, has the right to take life from a human being, as i first said,but i agree to the death penalty to an extent, you must have good merit for it. shipping drugs deserves life, not death. killing hundreds of thousands of people in my opinion merits death.

blah blah blah

If the country you are smuggling too has these rules, then you are an idiot for defying them.
Indonesia, thank god, does not know what human rights are, its a pity more countries dont take this route.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
From the other side of the fence, check this out, in his last two presidential elections saddam recieved 100% and 99.96% approval, I mean come on, if you're gonna rig an election at least make it look plausible!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2331951.stm

Yeah, like the Republicans in the US do with their electronic voting machines.

"He who votes decides nothing. He who counts the votes decide everything" Josef Stalin.

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
I say put Sadaam back in power

If you were going to convict all corrupt leaders, 75% of the world would probably without their political leaders.

Secondly, Saadam was attacked because we thought he had weapons of mass destruction. We didnt find any. So, the fair thing would be to apologize to him, and put him back in power..oh, and pay him compensation for the damage we did. After all, we were wrong.

Thirdly, all the sectarian killing that is going on in Iraq would never be happening if Saadam was in power. Now everyone is killing each other helter skelter. At least when Saadam was in power, only one person was doing the killing. Saadam. At least ts was controlled and at a slower pace.

Oh, and by the way, don't insult my intelligence with Saadamn approval rating during elections. Those who didnt approve or vote for Saadam was probably de-sexed and probably living in Iran with high pitch voices, if they werent killed.

While it is true, I do not like Saadam, we had no business taking him out of power. That is the job of the Iraquis. If we start taking people out of power we do not like, just now we will be invading Canada cause their Prime Minister do not drink Miller Light beer.