Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's VN Lexxxcen LS1 T56

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
M4H02496 - YouTube

M4H02497 - YouTube

A little bit off where I would have liked it, but different dyno different day I guess.

Don't stress, his dyno is waaaaaayy out compared to others. When he tuned mine, best reading he could get was 153rwkw. When i next had it serviced, got it dyno'd again outta intrest. Was a 43rwkw difference haha

sexytime1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
starter question?

I am looking to do this conversion soonish, can you tell me why you took the starter motor back out? what happened to it so I can avoid this thanks

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
This latest time was because it blew apart due to a failed fuel injector. Is that what you were talking about?

One thing though - using the CAE kit for the LHS starter, MAKE SURE the adapter plate clears your pressure pack bolts because that was the first problem I encountered trying to start the motor for the first time. Their shitty plate was fouling on the bolts. I didn't realise so I just pushed through it until it started, they clearanced themselves ... :/

Main piece of advice is to take your time and just enjoy the process :) it can be very nasty and stressful if you let it, but keep your head in the right place and you'll get a better result, guaranteed.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Well it's been a while since anything really significant happened with this car. I've just been driving it around and enjoying it.. bullying VE HSVs is pretty fun :) always surprises the hell out of people. Really though, for the most part the car is doing exactly what I built it for - a comfortable streeter with enough kick to put a smile on my face.

HOWEVER:
I've had a hard time finding parts for this mulberry interior, the body is starting to show its age with a load of creaks and clunks that never used to be there, and a serious need for panel and paint work is starting to loom on the horizon.

I'm pretty excited to have gone some way toward fixing all three of these things in one hit - after some discussion, last night I bought myself a Christmas present. A lot of you should be familiar with VN_Luke's gorgeous red VN. VS firewall, VR Caprice interior, smoothed engine bay, low kilometres and fresh paint.

This is unlikely to be a quick process but I am looking forward to getting stuck into what's shaping up to be a bigger job than doing the conversion was in the first place!

Here's what she looks like, for anyone who hasn't read the build thread..

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i disapproved of luke parting this thing out, but i approve of you buying the shell. make us all proud!!

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
You scored VN Lukes red VN - no way - you lucky lucky barsdard...

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Geek2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8L
I think hakhawk, ari and wazza summed this up perfectly!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk