Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SC14 boost decision

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
so bloody tired of people going by dyno figures. yeah, those chargers can make good power, but seem very slow on the 1/4, thats where the low down power of a roots blower dominates. peak power readouts mean **** all to me. a cars power is proven on the track.

Agreed. I'd rather go the roots blower path over centrifugal, i may still get an sc14 one day :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
well unfortunallty adelaide doesnt have a drag strip thats why its all road use
dont knwo what it would pull but high 13 low 14 would be nice start
and yes kws mean jack **** it all comes down to the track
one day we might get one if the gov get off their asses and build us one and tell bobjane to stick his up his ass

simc

Supercharged V6 Gemini
Reaction score
so bloody tired of people going by dyno figures. yeah, those chargers can make good power, but seem very slow on the 1/4, thats where the low down power of a roots blower dominates. peak power readouts mean **** all to me. a cars power is proven on the track.

Right on.

The amount of down low torque these things put out amazing. You can see this on the street (instant wheelspin), and on the track with some seriously good 60ft times. They do make power all the way up the rev range, probably just don't 'peak' like other setups.

They are damm noisy when the TB is after the blower, but with the TB before the blower, they actually sound normal, and its not too hard to do either.

They do get a little 'hot' which is probably their biggest downfall. Standard pulley is ok, but with the smaller pulley im running now, its a little too warm I reckon.

At the end of the day, for the money they cost, I reckon they are quite impressive.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
get a proper bypass and it wont be hot you should be able to touch it and not burn yourself

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
has anyone done a writeup on relocating these in front of the blower?? just wondering whats involved in doing it, id say ill need a v8 kickdown cable for sure, longer vacuum lines and extend the wiring loom the the IAC valve, do you weld the throttle body to the blower or what??

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
the accl cable reaches without mods but needs re routing
need to extend wire to sensors yes
need to weld up a few bits/brackets
on ecotec smaller pod filter needed or run pipe into bumper
ill get pics soon

jd67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 3.8
na sorry bloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Its ok i need 36-42lb ones lol, anyone need some brand new 28lb ones from ls1 or geniii.