Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Scratching noise on window movement.

RicheCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY CV8 Monaro
Hi all,

On the Monaro drivers side window whenever it goes up or down there is a slight scratching noise. It's even slighty damaged the window.

Has anyone had this, if so how did you fix it?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Is the scratching on the outside? Run your finger nail across it and see. If it is then you may have some grit just in the window rubber. I had this prob and I got a cotton tip, moistened, and ran it back and forth along the inside of the exterior rubber, then give it a few more goes with a clean tip each time. This fixed my problem.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
is there like sand or something stuk in the rubber?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Is the scratching on the outside? Run your finger nail across it and see. If it is then you may have some grit just in the window rubber. I had this prob and I got a cotton tip, moistened, and ran it back and forth along the inside of the exterior rubber, then give it a few more goes with a clean tip each time. This fixed my problem.

Its best to remove the rubber to clean it . There is a small screw at either end if the window rubber plus you have to loosen the three mirror screws a couple of turns then pull the rubber up and off .