Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sean's VN Calais V8

SeanV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V8
Hi Guys,

Standard introduction style thread coming up here ;)

Thought I'd sign up because I hope to pick some of your brains with some of the modifications I want to do to my Calais.

Some pics,

vn-calais-v8-front.jpg

vn-calais-v8-back.jpg

I purchased it in December 2005, and am still loving it. I've always liked the VN Calais V8 since I first read about it in a Wheels magazine many years ago.

It has a few things I need to fix up, as all old cars tend to develeop but all in all it's in very good condition and the engine/transmission feels very strong.

So Hi Everyone!!!!

Sean

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
nice neat clean ride, gota any fotos of that v8 and interior :p

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
yeah mate, that paint looks fully buffed and schmicko, very nice lookin vn calais! Hope to see you on the 19 march for the cruise!

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
sv5000 Kit... sv5000 Kit... sv5000 Kit
Chant... Chant... Chant... :p
very neato... not alot like that around !

SeanV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V8
fitzy2005 said:
nice neat clean ride, gota any fotos of that v8 and interior :p

Thanks mate! No engine bay pictures yet, but when I do I'll post them up - I might even take some during the week - expecting my new camera in the mail today!

VN Calais 5.0 said:
Bloody hell, it does look like mine! Looks like it has had a nice respray not that long ago. Just needs a nice lowering job now. Nice ride, if you need help with the mods just sing out, got any engine bay pics?

Yeah, it has been resprayed recently (not sure when), I will take up your offer on some mod help - I'm sure you'll see my posts in the VN forum. :)

As for lowering, I'm not sure if I want to go much lower - I drive the Strathalbyn-Goolwa road often and on the decent bumps it manages to scrape. So I'm up for either stiffer springs, or something.. again $$$ factor.

highendrev said:
yeah mate, that paint looks fully buffed and schmicko, very nice lookin vn calais! Hope to see you on the 19 march for the cruise!

Thanks! Yeah, all things going to plan I should be cruising with you guys on Sunday(work permitting) - should be fun :) I'll be the guy that doesn't know anyone!

sixshooter said:
sv5000 Kit... sv5000 Kit... sv5000 Kit
Chant... Chant... Chant... :p
very neato... not alot like that around !

Haha, well I had considered a full Group A SS kit but having had the car a few months I'm starting to learn towards the clean look now rather than kitting it up. Plus, I'm starting to feel the need for more power (already!) so I think any spare $$ will be going towards performance mods. Again, $$ is the factor so anything like that is a few months down the track.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
first mod you could prolly do is get a cold air induction with a k&n Panel filter, the cai for a v6 was 53 bux from holden (not sure about v8) and the k&n panel is around 100 bux

Tekka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VR Commodore
That's aone really clean Calais, wondering how much it set you back??

Goodluck with it!

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Nice Calais 304 injection sounds nice, internationals and king springs are on the cards im sure :)

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
i love the colour looks HOT!