Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seat change over

Trapper44

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV ute and 17 VF SS
So guys, i know my post count is low (despite being on here a fair while) but I have a pickle for you all. I love to drive with a flat seat, I just picked up my 2017 SS and simple fact is coming out of a VE SSV ute, I hate this drivers seat. I will learn to live with it if i have too but I am wondering if it is a direct swap over to put a redline (or one of the earlier vf ssv) drivers seat in there so i can have my front tilt function back. I have been trying to find some way to check the plugs on them before i go and spend the money for one but other than the wiring diagram some helpful people have shared (of which i have no clue, i am as useless with wiring as i am with math, its why i studied law and not much else) I am unable to find a photo or a description of someone doing it so thought i would reach out here for any help that could be offered to fix this conundrum. Thanks in advance and look forward to gettting involved here

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
I'm not familiar with the model but maybe a trimmer can re-foam the base of your seat.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If he's after a specific seat-base tilt, he probably needs to try it in the car to get the angle right; I just looked up the owner's manual online & it seems that the VF SS seats don't have adjustable seat-base angle (I thought that had become common in everything years ago, our VS Berlina had it & my 1979 Volvo has it!). If a trimmer adjusted the effective tilt, you might be stuck with yet another angle you don't like.

Sorry Trapper44, I have no clue as to the answer to your question; I've also been Googling around while waiting for a Teams video-call, and nothing useful has popped up.

Trapper44

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Forg as you said the tilt aspect i like to have control over, not be stuck at another bad angle. Unless someone finds an answer i may just have to risk it on saturday

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I think there is a VF forum thread where someone has retrofitted 6 way adjustable seats into base model vehicles... May you want to do a forum search..

Such retrofits should be possible without engineering certification considering it’s a bolt in mod taken from same year model line... Even seat memory upgrade may be possible with appropriate module install along with a possible BMC upgrade (but not sure)...

Trapper44

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Skylarking, i have hunted through the forum over hte last couple of days while i was waiting to pick up the car, lots of passanger seat ones but frankly all my passangers are short so they can sit up high my i am a ent hence the adjustable seats

lordsnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV
All the seats out of a VF should be interchangeable .. many have put HSV seats into VFs even (including me).

Trapper44

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the help lads, I have a mate hunting for a calais seat or two for me

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If going Calais, make sure he knows what colour(s) you want, he probably won't consider the cream leather ones with the black alcantara stripe but you probably don't want the black ones with the "titanium" (silver) alcantara stripe either ... the stripe won't match your interior. If the Googled images are to be believed, it appears a 2017 Calais may have the black leather with the black alcantara stripe that'll fit into your interior perfectly; also, although the passenger's side won't be electric, you can use SSV & SSV Redline seats as well (MY15+ the black-on-black was available and I think with white stitching which you may have on your rear seats & centre-console armrest?).