Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Powered Passenger Seat - Has anyone completed this mod on an SS?

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
I have read a few threads suggesting some 'almost' solutions, but I am looking for assistance with this modification. Has anyone completed this mod? I would like to have this in order prior to getting a full re-trim. What is required? Where did you get yours?

Thank you.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Does that get the seat lower? The odd times I've been the passenger in my own car, I've hated the height and encouraged taller passengers to the back.

M

mwb235

To fit a powered passenger seat on a VT-VZ and VE was easy i know, as you just needed a powered passenger seat and connect two wires (+12V constant and Ground).

Not sure if it’s that simple on VF (as my Calais V already has it, so I haven’t tried) but it might be...

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mwb235

Not sure if this’ll be readable but here’s the wiring diagram (doesn’t include the memory seat or SRS airbag diagrams):
790E7D4C-01DB-4AB1-80DB-49077CB0B46B.jpeg

M

mwb235

Does that get the seat lower? The odd times I've been the passenger in my own car, I've hated the height and encouraged taller passengers to the back.

I wouldn’t think so. The rails & bases are all the same size just some have the motors some don’t.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
thanks fellas, I will scour the world to find a Calais owner and see if the plugs look the same. The issue is the airbag, no point if it doesn't work. I guess the plug is the big issue. If the loom is specific enough to SS/Redline versus Calais, then I might be in trouble!

Either way, I will be getting the GTS foams and custom trimming...just would be nice to have the powered seats right from the word go.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
thanks fellas, I will scour the world to find a Calais owner and see if the plugs look the same. The issue is the airbag, no point if it doesn't work. I guess the plug is the big issue. If the loom is specific enough to SS/Redline versus Calais, then I might be in trouble!
Either way, I will be getting the GTS foams and custom trimming...just would be nice to have the powered seats right from the word go.

I never thought to ask the ? When I had mine done. Incharge Automotive in Melbourne did mine, maybe shoot him and email and ask him as he does a fair few of them (mainly W1 material look). Else go to a wrecker and physically try a VF calais electric passenger seat as only a 5mn job to remove VF front seats. (Hooks in the front of the seat rails and torx bolts for the rear rails.

Resized_20180407_093215.jpeg

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4
I never thought to ask the ? When I had mine done. Incharge Automotive in Melbourne did mine, maybe shoot him and email and ask him as he does a fair few of them (mainly W1 material look). Else go to a wrecker and physically try a VF calais electric passenger seat as only a 5mn job to remove VF front seats. (Hooks in the front of the seat rails and torx bolts for the rear rails.

View attachment 199941
wow, they look amazing! What was the damage if you don't mind me asking?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
wow, they look amazing! What was the damage if you don't mind me asking?

$1250 to redo your own front seats or $1650pair for 2nd hand new. I went with $1650 option. So seat frames/rails are 2nd hand, new airbags, new GTS foam pads, leather new. You swap your buckles over. Litterly a 5-10mn job each side to remove/refit seats. I also made sure he sourced/used VF2 seat frames as VF1 front seat frames had issues from memory.