Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seat Position

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
_Mukas_ said:
i find it so funny how people are automatically catagorised as 'gangsta' or 'wannabe gangsta' just by the angle of their seat/way they lean... i agree they look stupid and it is a safety issue if your seat is reclined too far but leaning on the centre console? unless theyre using the passenger door to lean on, or smoking out the back window while driving youre so sik, i dont see the massive issue... the ulehs are funny laugh at tho...

I swear its really called the "gangsta lean", meaning leaning on the center console with the other arm holding the top of the wheel Vin Diesel in FnF style LOL. Its an American thing.

GLDNVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VQ STATESMAN 5.0
LOL Yeah I agree with ya Radar, fukk me ya arms would be fukked if you constantly had two hands on the wheel at all times, especially on long trips!

Cody

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator / HQ 5.0L Tonner
hah i do the center console bit, i got a 150km round trip to uni :(
and i have to have my seat all the way back, im 6'8 hah

i saw a dude in a integra on the freeway the other day, he wouldn't have been able to see over the steering wheel.. should have taken a photo

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I don't get the seat reclined back thing myself but each to their own, I've always adopted an upright driving position using the wrists touching the top of the steering wheel method to get the correct position and I find that comfortable enough even for long driving stints..

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
Stretcher Bearer said:
Me! :dance:

hear hear.... 90% of the time, if im doing sub 60 in a quiet area i'll relax, slow down and soak in the gentle hum of my car. else two hands or bust :)

bundy_princess2006

BuNdY bEaR hAs EnTeReD
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Series II Acclaim
i only noticed the other day that i rest my left arm on my centre console its weird how u can have theses habits and not even notice

but the seat thing i have to have my seat resonably lfar back as i have long leegs and i slightly recline my seat back but i cant have it too far back or i cant rreach the steering wheel:yeah:

ben k

ben
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais S2
Secondly what is the go with drving whilst leaning on your centre console? Do you all have scoliosis ( a medical condition with curvature of the spine)? It can't be too easy to control the car either.

hasif bro

when driving straight i always have one hand on top of steering wheel then resting on centre console

no need to categorise us as gangsters as someones already mentioned...just how i roll ;)

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Radar said:
I don't see it as a safety issue at all, honestly who drives with two hands on the wheel at all times?

Only when I have to turn or make some kind of manuver or I'm doing over 80 km/h otherwise just 1 hand it cruising around the burbs. The joys of power steering.

Radar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
ucwepn said:
Only when I have to turn or make some kind of manuver or I'm doing over 80 km/h otherwise just 1 hand it cruising around the burbs. The joys of power steering.

That's it, exactly. I live in the country, so I often do it on the highway aswell. But come a turn, bend or traffic light, it's two hands on the wheel all the way.