Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sebs HZ Caprice

grinfked_limo

Doomsday Rock 'N' Roll
Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Caprice
Cheers man, yeah I intend to keep it pretty much stock just gunna put some decent lookin wide rims on it lower it abit and when I got cash ill do some engine mods.

Do you know which dragways they are?

Yeah Ive been keeping my eye out for the lower grill but havent seen any for a good price for one thats not ****ed and allmost got a new emblem from and add in the paper but some one got it before me.

Yeah I was under the same impression but they guy who I bought it off was sure it was a trimatic so I figured it got changed when he got a reco motor but was never really sure and was lookin through all the paper work and service stuff he gave me the other week and I couldnt find anything to say it had so guess ill have to get under there and take a look heres hoping its a turbo 400 :) any tips on soming to look for that will be a dead give away?

As far as I know its leaded so I use flash lube.

You missed out by a week man just sold it.

when I got my p's it was power to wieght so this car passes but I think with the new laws its no v8s full stop, I only got my p's for a few more months any way.

You should get a section up here on your stato wouldnt mind seein some pics where abouts in vic u based?

KRUPTD

VN BT1 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Crewman,XE Falcon,HJ V8 panel van,HZ tonner
Like the stato dude.Its old school.I used to have a HX Sandman(genuine) PV it wasbright yellow but darker in colour than the PV in those photos.Just had a rebuilt HC 253 with stage 3 heatseeker cam and heads with L34 valves/extractors 4into1 and twin 2.5 inch exhuast and a 600dp holley/single plane intake manifold,4spd and salsburry diff with 3.55 gears in the diff.Boy it was some fun to drive for a little V8,could smoke the wheels up to 4th on a good day:thumbsup:.But for now my fiance and i we are building her PV,i bought her a HJ 253/3spd manual/salsburry diff.But will be transplanting a heavilly worked 308 and auto transmission.
I reckon you slapp some nice chrome 18's or 20's on your stato and it would look sweet,dump your exhaust before the diff with the standard twin 2 inch still will sound sweet.:yeah:

grinfked_limo

Doomsday Rock 'N' Roll
Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Caprice
Thanks man, your old sandman sounds mint shame you dont have it any more but keep us posted on your new build.

Haha nah I wont be putting anythin over 16ich rim size and I just got the exhaust done twin 2 1/4inch with 1 muffler per pipe lukey wont go any bigger till ive done some performance mods :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
You got ur exhaust done? Bout friggin time man, sound alright?
Should actually sound like a v8 now anyway lol, now you just need to make it go like a v8 :D

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Seb uses lube.... lol........

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
^ I should hope so, the internals would be destroyed if he didn't! No-one likes it bone dry. (a Motor that is) :p Lol.

Heres some, which are okay, but not he ones I was talking about -
Holden Heaven: 1978 Holden HZ Kingswood (VIC) $5,400

Heres the ones I was talking about - http://oldholden.com/node/24128

HK HT HG HOLDEN*WHEELS*MAGS*TRAILER* - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 16-Mar-08 18:49:48 AEDST)

HOLDEN HQ to WB x 2 DRAGWAY 5 SPOKE MAG WHEELS 14 x 8" - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 16-Mar-08 20:27:42 AEDST)

DRAGWAY MAGS Suit HOLDEN - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 17-Mar-08 15:36:42 AEDST)

Well, there'd be a way to check what it SHOULD have - on the Tags - Where it's got the engine (I think 308 - L31) and then the Trans (I think, L34) t400

I'm not to sure on those figures, I'd go check on mine, but it's too hot. :p But I'm sure someone else knows them?

Yeah, Trimatic does look different to a Turbo if you compare the two, I know that, so if you were to have a look at some pics, you might be able to find some distinguishing features. Although I think the Trimatic is smaller and more lightweight than a Turbo. ;)

Ah well, I was just interested because my dad might be buying a WB 1 tonner, and it needs a new tank for a RWC. (100 for a good second hand with a few years on it is a lot cheaper than 500 + lol)

grinfked_limo

Doomsday Rock 'N' Roll
Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Caprice
Oh yeah I know those rims yeah they look pretty nice im keeping my eye out for a nice set for a good price but they only seam to turn up when I have no money :(

Yeah I checked the codes for the trans on my plate when I got the trim and paint codes checked but they are only accurate if the guy didnt get it changed so heres hoping he didnt, when i get some stands ill get under there and take alook ill get a few pics of trimatics and compare was pretty sure itd be smaller.

You use oldholden too do ya top site that one :thumbsup:

.update with a pic of engin bay and a new car shot on main page more to come.

grinfked_limo

Doomsday Rock 'N' Roll
Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Caprice
Just got back from the ACT what a dull place that is most of the done up cars I saw (not that they were many) were rice **** and I cant recall hearing a nice v8 in the whole time there and the worst thing was not 1 car pre dating the 80s barely any cars pre dating the mid 90s.

Cheers Ill chuck up a pic of the trans when i got some time which will probably be tommoro.