Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Second hand ZB's

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR

I have one question. Did Australian VXRs get powered hatches? Because NZ certainly didn't get them!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
not that i know of.

higherVXR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 Commodore ZB VXR 3.6L V6
Definitely not. Would be good if it did. I own a 2018 VXR in Australia and can confirm there is no powered hatch.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Was news to me too when I saw that. I see it is a "Black Edition" perhaps that was added to them but I kind of doubt it. How easy would it have been to transplant the system from the wagon?

There were a couple of other things too, like the 2.0 litre turbo being more powerful than the old SV6, which it isn't. It is more powerful than the 3.0 litre V6 Evoke but not the 3.6 SV6.

I thought the mechanic was a bit on the pessimistic side. A lot of his concerns apply to a good number of vehicles on our roads.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
i am confused, i dont see the part in the video that shows a powered hatch am i missing something?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
He says the VXR has a powered tailgate at the 3:45 mark
ahh i thought he was showing it.
looking at the footage at that mark it does not look like a powered tailgate at all.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I think he might have meant the Calais-V Tourer? None of the liftbacks have it.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Thread hijack ............. I saw a parked Holden Insignia VXR today. Nice looking bit of metal, and looked at Carsales to see what they are.
2.8 turbo V6, AWD, and good looking interior, from about $16K. Getting parts and service might be a PITA.
Interesting ?

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Thread hijack ............. I saw a parked Holden Insignia VXR today. Nice looking bit of metal, and looked at Carsales to see what they are.
2.8 turbo V6, AWD, and good looking interior, from about $16K. Getting parts and service might be a PITA.
Interesting ?

I considered a 2016 Insignia VXR back in 2018. Tech was dated, 239kw and 435nm might have been good back in 2016 but it is only 0.2 sec faster 0-100 as my atmo ZB, drinks a lot more premium fuel (like 20% more), has less internal space and weighs 40kg more so the extra torque advantage is neutralized.
No one bought the Insignia back then, yet over on this side of the ditch I still see a lot of ZBs around, even VXRs.

EDIT: I will say that the reason why so many ZBs were sold was because they were incredibly cheap. Holden did the Insignia no such favours.

Last edited: