Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Security light / immobilizer issues

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
is this a new problem with the led, or since you've had it?. are you sure it is the immobilizer preventing your car from starting? do you have an aftermarket alarm?

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
Funny question but a very good one. What is the condition of your key. have you had any problems with it. Are the rubbers warn off. Try a different one.

minitsbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
could be a number of things from a rooted key to faulty bcm faulty key reader as for flashing light could be dead led broken wire or faulty system you will need to trouble shoot a bit more

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
If you key operates the central locking ok then as minitsbay said could be the keyreader or BCM. I had the same problem once and it turned out to be the BCM. Replaced BCM.

shortieman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vts s2
lights keep flashing

can someone help me, when i lock my car the security lights dont stop flashing. plz help me.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
I had a few problems with my immobilizer, make sure the key reader hasnt moved, the metal part on your key needs to touch the metal part on the barrel til the end of the rotation. I think on mine now, it doesn't touch unless you start turning the key, and when you have gotten to to ignition (all the way to so the starter motor is turning) it should still be touching.

I had problems starting my car, sometimes the security light would flash for ages, and all it was was that the reader had moved on the barrel so it wasn't touching the whole rotation.

hope this helps