Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Security on your Vr-Vs, what have you got

yyg998vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
Hey All, just hearing all these stories about all my mates and stuff getting there cars pinched and raped and burnt, i got a 1998 S ute and dont think a imboliser will stop much
so what do ya reckon

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
yep thats all i got 2. spose you could do things like steering wheels locks n **** like that but again if someone realy wants ur car they get it.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
i got an after market alarm from autobarn. i think the brand is hornet. it hooks up to the factory immobiliser and is armed with my key when i lock it. it can be turned off to but never is unless needed.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
The best security - comprehensive insurance.

Seriously, if someone wants to steal your car, they will know what they are doing. If they cant, they will rape it anyway. VR/VS commodores may hold sentimental value for some people, but they arent worth that much anymore. At least if someone else steals it and trashes it, you will get the $. The way to go is to park in safe spots if possible, get a deterrent (like a purchased security alarm) or better still make a custom defence (like a kill switch).

Even if you install a kill switch though, which should mean it is just about impossible to steal, it can still be broken into and trashed. If someone did that to my car I wouldnt want it anymore anyway. Getting a new car means getting rid of all the small dints and chips that cost to much to get fixed, and all the other small problems that cost more then theyre worth to fix.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
yeah I'm with kopper69. I don't have anything other than the factory immobiliser, but my car isn't special. fully insured too, so if someone knocks it off, I get $, so I don't really care. whe nI start doing work though, there'll be an alarm, but once again, they're pointless.
Think about it, there was once a time when an alarm going off brought look from all and sundry to see if it was the owner or a thief, but nowadays, an alarm is just seen as a nuisance and ignored

yyg998vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
yeh, guess so,

just my mate the other day had his brand new mazda 3 nicked, and the took the rims and the seats and then burnt the rest

and last night a bloke at work had his VT nicked, they just went for a thrash and burnt it in chipping norton where the cops found it with the $700 sound system and the 18" rims still smuldering

i just put 19"s on my ute and i got a daggy sony head deck but the thought of seeing it in some industrial area with druggo keeping himself warm from the flames of car is just too taxing

yyg998vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
thanks anyway peoples , i might look a bit further into that alarm from autobarn NickVR,

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
yyg998vsute said:
Hey All, just hearing all these stories about all my mates and stuff getting there cars pinched and raped and burnt, i got a 1998 S ute and dont think a imboliser will stop much
so what do ya reckon

My car is parked about 1meter from my bedroom window... Anyone touches it I will hear... That's if a ridgeback x pitbull doesn't remove their left nut first.

yyg998vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
hahahahahahaahahaha

i my dad is an ex-cop and he brought a unmarked car home and some moron broke into it , im guessing he shat himself and did the bolt cause nothing was missing,

st geogre area in nsw is known for retarded car thieves and there is lots of them

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
What I have is a hidden switch that must be pressed whilst cranking the motor to allow the fuel pump to work, and next I will add a normal car horn, bolted up under the dash or under the seat which will be wired in with the hidden switch. If the switch isn't pressed in when cranking, the horn sounds continuously INSIDE the car till the hidden switch is pressed. Now I may be stupid, but even I would not stay inside a car to trash it whilst I had 100DB of horn assaulting my ears - I'd bolt.