Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Security on your Vr-Vs, what have you got

Discussion in 'VR - VS Holden Commodore (1993 - 1997)' started by yyg998vsute, Jul 31, 2006.

1. yyg998vsute

yyg998vsute New Member

Members Ride:
    1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
    Hey All, just hearing all these stories about all my mates and stuff getting there cars pinched and raped and burnt, i got a 1998 S ute and dont think a imboliser will stop much
    so what do ya reckon

2. Torquen

Torquen Boost FTW

Members Ride:
    450+ HP FORD XR6T
    yep thats all i got 2. spose you could do things like steering wheels locks n **** like that but again if someone realy wants ur car they get it.

3. NickVR

NickVR Active Member

Members Ride:
    VR Executive A4 V8
    i got an after market alarm from autobarn. i think the brand is hornet. it hooks up to the factory immobiliser and is armed with my key when i lock it. it can be turned off to but never is unless needed.

4. kopper69

kopper69 New Member

Members Ride:
    VRII Acclaim
    The best security - comprehensive insurance.

Seriously, if someone wants to steal your car, they will know what they are doing. If they cant, they will rape it anyway. VR/VS commodores may hold sentimental value for some people, but they arent worth that much anymore. At least if someone else steals it and trashes it, you will get the $. The way to go is to park in safe spots if possible, get a deterrent (like a purchased security alarm) or better still make a custom defence (like a kill switch).

Even if you install a kill switch though, which should mean it is just about impossible to steal, it can still be broken into and trashed. If someone did that to my car I wouldnt want it anymore anyway. Getting a new car means getting rid of all the small dints and chips that cost to much to get fixed, and all the other small problems that cost more then theyre worth to fix.

5. TheForgotten

TheForgotten only human......

Members Ride:
    VR EXEC
    yeah I'm with kopper69. I don't have anything other than the factory immobiliser, but my car isn't special. fully insured too, so if someone knocks it off, I get $, so I don't really care. whe nI start doing work though, there'll be an alarm, but once again, they're pointless.
    Think about it, there was once a time when an alarm going off brought look from all and sundry to see if it was the owner or a thief, but nowadays, an alarm is just seen as a nuisance and ignored

6. yyg998vsute

yyg998vsute New Member

Members Ride:
    1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
    yeh, guess so,

just my mate the other day had his brand new mazda 3 nicked, and the took the rims and the seats and then burnt the rest

and last night a bloke at work had his VT nicked, they just went for a thrash and burnt it in chipping norton where the cops found it with the $700 sound system and the 18" rims still smuldering

i just put 19"s on my ute and i got a daggy sony head deck but the thought of seeing it in some industrial area with druggo keeping himself warm from the flames of car is just too taxing

7. yyg998vsute

yyg998vsute New Member

Members Ride:
    1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
    thanks anyway peoples , i might look a bit further into that alarm from autobarn NickVR,

8. KingDiamond

KingDiamond New Member

Members Ride:
    VR S Ute Manual
    My car is parked about 1meter from my bedroom window... Anyone touches it I will hear... That's if a ridgeback x pitbull doesn't remove their left nut first.

9. yyg998vsute

yyg998vsute New Member

Members Ride:
    1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
    hahahahahahaahahaha

i my dad is an ex-cop and he brought a unmarked car home and some moron broke into it , im guessing he shat himself and did the bolt cause nothing was missing,

st geogre area in nsw is known for retarded car thieves and there is lots of them

10. hako

hako Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VS11 BT1 V6
    What I have is a hidden switch that must be pressed whilst cranking the motor to allow the fuel pump to work, and next I will add a normal car horn, bolted up under the dash or under the seat which will be wired in with the hidden switch. If the switch isn't pressed in when cranking, the horn sounds continuously INSIDE the car till the hidden switch is pressed. Now I may be stupid, but even I would not stay inside a car to trash it whilst I had 100DB of horn assaulting my ears - I'd bolt.

11. yyg998vsute

yyg998vsute New Member

Members Ride:
    1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
    i work a super cheap auto on weekends and i saw a bloke do that and it was crazy, worked a treat though

12. evil_monkey

evil_monkey New Member

Members Ride:
    Holden
    over insurance is your friend i pray if somone steals my car that they burn it it would be doing me a personal favour

13. MrFeelgood

MrFeelgood Blown 5.7 inch oops Ltr

Members Ride:
    VR GTS
    I have the horn hooked up interior light and the bonnet so if any of the doors are opened it goes off or the bonnet the boot is the soft spot so they will have to get past my angry dog first and i only feed the dog every 3rd day so i'd imagine it would get them first before they got into the boot. Factory imobilizer and Insurance also help me sleep at night. Kill switch is next then a gun licence.

14. quiksilver1

quiksilver1 New Member

Members Ride:
    vu ss
    dr feelgood feed your dog a bit more,how would you like to eat once evey 3 days.you sound like an arse.

15. sircruisealotVS

sircruisealotVS Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VZ LS1 Calais
    ive got a top of the range viper system in my vs, it has constant comunication between the remote and the car so as soon as anything happens i get paged and the led window shows whats been touched (door, window,etc..).

16. Torquen

Torquen Boost FTW

Members Ride:
    450+ HP FORD XR6T
    hmm killswitch is sounding tho go.

17. Patrio7

Patrio7 3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.

Members Ride:
    '96 S1 VS Exec
    My car has a cloaking device, runs 24/7, to honest people. it looks like a "little worse for wear" commodore, to idiots, theives and ford owners, its nothing more than rancid feaces on wheels, something no one wants to touch ^_^

i like the fact i can breathe easy knowing bulma isnt ~Worth~ stealing / damaging etc

-edit-

what if the alarm was a recording of some chick screaming her chest off for help, surely one or two people would atleast look..

18. Bec

Bec Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
    Mine has an alarm/immobiliser, not sure what brand it is as it was installed when the car was new.

The alarm senses sound and movement. One night i kicked the tyre (very very lightly) and the alarm went off .... 3am in the middle of a townhouse complex. oops! Also has sensors for doors/bonnet/boot as most do.

Only pain is that it beeps when I lock/unlock, and there is no option to have it silent. I had a 'black widow' alarm on my VP which was pretty good.

19. KingDiamond

KingDiamond New Member

Members Ride:
    VR S Ute Manual
    Haha, my dad leaves his VT SS on the street every night unlocked and with the windows down preying someone will take it.

20. sircruisealotVS

sircruisealotVS Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VZ LS1 Calais
    they'd be more likely to just damage and take sh*t than bother to try and steal the whole car in your neck of the woods kingdiamond.tell your dad to go park it in san remo or something and it'll be gone in no time, lol.