Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Selling a Car: The Test Drive

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
If i was to sell any of my cars, no potential buyers would be driving the car until money exchanges hands....If they don't like it, bad luck. They can go and buy someone elses car!

There is no way I would ever buy a car without driving it first. I would definately be thinking the owner is hiding some kind of problems if he wouldn't let me test it. Try before you buy!!

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
If they don't like it, bad luck. They can go and buy someone elses car!

There is no way I would ever buy a car without driving it first. I would definately be thinking the owner is hiding some kind of problems if he wouldn't let me test it. Try before you buy!!

No worries mate, as i said, i'm not forceing anyone to buy my car. :p

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
But then your cars aren't all bog stock shitboxes :)

There's much less reason to stop somebody from test driving a 20yo banged-up corolla daily.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Yeh, thats a valid point Dan. If they were just run of the mill cars (actually, we are selling my partners stock VR soon, and they can road test that, but still with me in the passanger seat) sure they can road test it. However, the cars i own aren't easily replaceable (apart from the calais, but they still wouldn't be getting the keys to it). I'd expect someone buying that sort of car not to ask for the keys, i know i certainly wouldn't....;)

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
would yo uat least take them for a drive and do certain things like brake hard/floor it?

SwordFish

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vZ
@ Morton, For your info the car is a VZ Calais,

As for "shitbox", take a look at your VQ statesman, it is old, hideous and wreaks of bogan.

Atleast if you are going to take the mickey out of somebody elses car, make sure that your car isnt an embarrassment to modern culture.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
when i bought my ute i didnt even drive it! i sat shot gun and he did whatever i wanted him to do, the car was immac so i only took it for a quick spin when he seen i had a bank cheque in my hand next day ( then he knew i was serious)

i never let anyone test drive my cars forsale without me in the car.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
I always go with them and let them drive. I used to have the same thoughts as blown V6 hatch but after thinking about it I figured it wasn't going to be mine for much longer so who cares. I also found if you drive someone elses car and they are with you then you can miss some things cause they usually chat to you and distract you and if they were to take me on a spirited drive then I would walk away cause you don't know if that's how they always drive.