Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

senator kit

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
People on their P's cant own 8's but they can make other people think that they do..

You might be able to fool the 14 year olds down at the local high school, but most people will just look and laugh because your car wont sound like an 8, it will sound like the 6 that it is, its always the biggest give away.

Last edited:

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
ok well.. to sum up what i think, i would rather look at a clubby kit or a senator kit or whatever than a stock exec kit. regardless of sound, power what ever.. visually i would rather look at a V8 kit.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You might be able to fool the 14 year olds down at the local high school, but most people will just look and laugh because your car wont sound like an 8, it will sound like the 6 that it is, its always the biggest give away.

LMAO , well said, i missed that comment. I think even most 14 year olds wouldn't be fooled.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
I don't own an HSV (and have absolutely no wish to - some genuine HSV body mods SUCK, big time! eg VR GTS - bright yellow, black 3 spokers, 3 foot high push-bar on the boot- YUK!!!)
pj

Nothing do with the thread, but fyi, the car your talking about is the VS GTS-R, a rare beautiful machine. :thumbsup:

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Let him do what he wants, its his car and with a good job done to it, there is nothing to laugh at.

Plus its a 8 not a six which make it even better than those other 6's out there with full blown hsv bodykits.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Mack,

I stand corrected as to the correct model and designation,but I still think it was the fugliest HSV ever created. And I'll bet that HSV never even thinks of doing anything as tasteless again!

Regards

pj

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Mack,

I stand corrected as to the correct model and designation,but I still think it was the fugliest HSV ever created. And I'll bet that HSV never even thinks of doing anything as tasteless again!

Regards

pj

Thats just your opinion though, alot of people liked it and a lot of people loved it. Im sure that they wont do anything like that again because you didnt like it :bang:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Bill

We're getting right off track with this post, which isn't what I intended, but I believe the VN to VS series Commodores didn't lend themselves well to body mods, certainly not in the same way that the VT to VZ series did. The GTS-R might be considered a classic, I don't know, but it certainly looked unlike any HSV product before or since. It has those "love them or hate them" looks. Some go for the one direction, I go for the other. Having said that, I respect your views and your preferences. We just differ, that's all.

Having said that, let's get thread back on track.

Regards

pj

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
man im sick of these geezers putting people down for slapping bodykits onto cars, ITS A BODY KIT, get over it!?!?! why do you get so worked up over it? are you angry that you had to blow megabux on a mode of transport that somebody else can have VERY SIMILAR for a probably 10 times less money than you spent.
You blokes keep blowing your hot air with put downs, lol at the end of the day it comes down to being investment smart, blowing anything more than 15 grand on a HOLDEN is a POOR investment reason being = they do not hold value!
Meh, lol i hope this guy pulls off a senator mockup, because last time i checked a senator does not sound like a blown v8 those things are like the blue whales of the sedan world, when i think senator i dont think roarrring v8, i think ... comfy buffalo lolll so so much for ur "it doesnt sound like a v8 theory"

lolll wow .. how old are you guys, and u still "laugh at peoples cars" congratulations to you!:thumbsup: you've gone through life, but life hasnt gone through you