Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sentator Spolier Paint or Wrap?

Lecko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey guys,

Was thinking of getting a senator spoiler and just wanted to get some opinions on if i should paint or wrap it?

cheers

sczyg4.jpg

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Matter of opinion really, painting it will give it a nicer finish if your good with a gun, but you can change colour/ design in a few minutes with vinyl OR you could paint it and wrap it once you get sick of the wrap design rip it off, the only downside to wrapping is you have to have edges that are hidden and that aren't to much of an acute angle other wise (even when cured) the vinyl will eventually lift. Another option is to paint it as normal then use clear laminate over it giving you another year or two on the life of the paint, but you must check it every so often to see if it has gone brittle otherwise you'll spend a full day trying to get it off.

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
or you can buy a 30 buck can of plasti dip.. paint it.. and if you hate it.. peel it off and paint it another color.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Don't plasti dip anything that'll be in the sun, I just had to turps my wing to get black off the top of it, underneath came off fine but turps was the only way to get the top off mine:/.

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
did you put 5 to 6 layers of plasti dip on. i blacked out my chrome on my calais.. and i just peeled it off a couple weeks ago after over a year of it being on.. came off in one piece.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
I would definitely paint the spoiler the same colour as the car for an integrated look. It will be long lasting and will look good on your car which is a nice colour.

If you are happy with a plasticy look then by all means vinyl wrap it. It is fine in small areas but in bigger obvious panels it looks just like what it is - vinyl. Don't go by photos. You need to see it in person close up.

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
First up, love your car, great colour, love what you've done with it!

paint the spoiler the same colour as the car
^^Agree with Sean!

OR... another option is to wrap in carbon?
All I could come up with (from memory) for an example photo was Bonner's old white car, which just happens to be an E3 Clubby :)
yes, I know, compare apples with oranges...White Clubby vs Evoke Omega
but anyway, his Walky carbon spoiler looked awesome! food for thought, and just an idea...http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/196050-bonners-new-white-e3-clubsport-13.html#post2310092

whilst I was checking our your Ride Thread, I noticed that you're got a great looking car, now lowered on black SSV S2's, SSV rear tail light, dual twin exhaust tips etc, Sen. spoiler but your front bumper is stock...front bar needs attention, some mods for the grille or fog light area? (unless you're already done so but haven't update your Ride Thread :) )

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
did you put 5 to 6 layers of plasti dip on. i blacked out my chrome on my calais.. and i just peeled it off a couple weeks ago after over a year of it being on.. came off in one piece.

Yeah I used the whole damn can as I used half and realized there wouldn't be enough to do anything else with a lot of layers I guess the sun just hit it as it is in direct sunlight all day everyday.

In regards to the plastic look if you were to ask for a clear over the colour it'll give a gloss that rivals 2 PAC or you could use Matt clear, literally thousands of colors to choose from and then there's printed colours.

Lecko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Cheers man :) i havent updated my ride section for a while, so i shall get onto that. I have replaced the front bar with an sv6 one :) Ill chuck up some pic in the coming days

[/B]
First up, love your car, great colour, love what you've done with it!

^^Agree with Sean!

OR... another option is to wrap in carbon?
All I could come up with (from memory) for an example photo was Bonner's old white car, which just happens to be an E3 Clubby :)
yes, I know, compare apples with oranges...White Clubby vs Evoke Omega
but anyway, his Walky carbon spoiler looked awesome! food for thought, and just an idea...http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/196050-bonners-new-white-e3-clubsport-13.html#post2310092

whilst I was checking our your Ride Thread, I noticed that you're got a great looking car, now lowered on black SSV S2's, SSV rear tail light, dual twin exhaust tips etc, Sen. spoiler but your front bumper is stock...front bar needs attention, some mods for the grille or fog light area? (unless you're already done so but haven't update your Ride Thread :) )

Lecko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Cheers for the feedback too guys, ill stick with my original thought and get it painted :)