Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

series 2 fog light troubles

phillyG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s2 Spac 3.8 n/a
Hi all
I have myself a 04 VY spac, fog light went the other day so decided to replace it today and ive hit a snag.
Turns out the old one had corroded the connector so all good i fixed that up, put the new one and and much to my surprise it still wont work.
Now, as its a series 2 it didn't come standard with fog lights and the previous owner had them installed so there is no standard fuse to check.
Just wondering if anyone else had any ideas or knows how much roughly an auto elec would charge to have a look and fix it?
I know its not a huge deal as fog lights are only meant to be on during certain weather conditions but it is nice to have things working anyway.
thanks, Phill

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
You might have to trace the fog fires back I to the engine bay or someplace and see if there is a inline fuse or a melted wire..

Last edited:

phillyG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s2 Spac 3.8 n/a
You might have to race the fog fires back I to the engine bay or someplace and see if there is a inline fuse or a melted wire..
Had a feeling it will have to come to that but didnt want it to, may just give it a weekend to rewire the whole set up.
When I took it out it had melted the closest wire, so thinking back that might do it, thanks

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
You could run the wires across the front of the car to the other light but it most Prob draw too much power and melt more wires.. You can pick up a harness off eBay but might be able to make your own for less? Where in melb are you? There is a green spac series 1 at pick a part in Kilsyth that has the wiring in it still.. That was 2 days ago..

phillyG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s2 Spac 3.8 n/a
i think im just going to do it myself and make it to my needs, ie extra length ect
this morning before work i thought id flick them on just to make sure its still not working, they both started working!... then flicked it off then on again and back to not working. So i think its just a wire or connector that is dodgy, going to get onto it when my brother gets home from work tonight just so i dont make anything worse by myself.
Thanks mr calais 5.0

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
No probs mate.. It's just your own time to look at the wires and stuff and then see where it's gone wrong..

phillyG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s2 Spac 3.8 n/a
No probs mate.. It's just your own time to look at the wires and stuff and then see where it's gone wrong..
yea couldnt be bothered waiting for my brother to get home so tackled it myself, was just the corroded conector and the wire that was about 7cm long, made a new wire and a few crimps and a solder later and good as new :)