Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

series 2 ssv IQ system problems

colonelbmx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black ssv redline ute
Hi guys recently brought a new ssv S2 redline ute and am loving it, my first V8 :)
i am wondering if anyone else has had any problems with the IQ system. Sometimes my sat nav doesnt load up or my ipod freezes or i cant select anything on the touch screen. The only way i can fix it is by turning the car off and on again then everything works fine. If i turn the IQ system off and on again it does nothing i have to actually stop and turn my car off...
Any ideas or had similar problems?

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Report it to Holden mate. Definately i cant explain the sat nav..... as for the ipod/iphone i was going to suggest reupdating it on the comp and resetting it but its definately a trip to the dealer. I had my iphone freeze up the IQ once because i never turn it off.

Its a new car. It should be perfect.

Leafman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 Redline Ute
Mine does the same..... not often, and mainly when I am out of the metro area... maybe the Sat Nav gets lost :)

Other than that, I am loving it!

colonelbmx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black ssv redline ute
got my first service booked in for thursday so i'll ask the question see what the tech guys have to say...
wouldnt be an ipod issue as its the touch screen buttons on the IQ that dont seem to work when it freezes i cant change the radio sat nav or use my hands free

msf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 S2
I've had my SV6 S2 for 2 weeks and I've noticed the nav reset once when driving. I had a destination set, driving along a highway and I noticed it came up with 'continue previous guidance?', which it does when you turn it off and on again. I pressed 'yes' and hasn't had this happen again since.

I noticed that my battery charge has been dropping. I checked in engineering mode and its down to 21.2% today, after driving for an hour to work it hasn't gone up at all.

Richo923

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2 UTE
have to say that ive had a couple of glitches with the IQ in my SV6, if i dont have the blue tooth turned on on my phone when i start the car then turn it on the phone wont connect to the car until i turn the engine off and start again, then it will connect no hassle, secondly if i connect my iphone to the usb port with the apple cable some times and use it as an ipod sometimes the IQ screen or the dial on teh steering wheel can not be used to skip through tracks and sometimes it can.... wierd i know..... other thing that i have started to notice is that when starting teh car the battery light on the dash is staying on longer and longer!! any ideas? should be upto the 3000k service in the next week so will have to mention it then, knowing my luck though on teh day of the service everything will work fine!!

msf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 S2
other thing that i have started to notice is that when starting teh car the battery light on the dash is staying on longer and longer!! any ideas?

Have you checked battery charge in engineering mode? Mine is down to 19% I packed a set of jumper cables in the boot yesterday just in case.

Hold the left scroll button while switching key to ON until engineering mode comes up to check it.