Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

-= Series III L67 VS Ute =-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III 1999
ALRIGHTY SO, i decided to pick up a little shibox run around 1992 toyota corolla (absouloute weapon lol) to help me get the ute done PLUS i have finally actually 100% ordered the parts for the L67 engine! having driven the ute for about a month been having a real bad clunk from the rear when doing 80-100kms and its ####in scary!, so picked up a 2nd hand tailshaft to whack in for now plus got all new unis+centre bearings to fix the other one. i miss the old girl lol

10599404_10152371303353668_6057289010860770498_n.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III 1999
Well its been a long time .... Ute has been off road for few months and im getting impatient hahaha, L67 is being rebuilt and in the hands of man who knows his ****!!. here is a couple things being done to the old girl :) :

Crank sent for checking and possible regrind
ARP studs,
Line Hone Main Tunnel - Petrol 4 main unit
Fit bearings and measure for crank grind
Cam Bearings
Deck block to suit MLS gaskets
Bore and hone and hot tank bath
Balance rotating mass
Gapless piston rings
Resize rods
ARP rod bolts
MLS gaskets
Head studs
Heads basic surface machine guides and performance valve job
Port blower, ADZ elbow and 85mm TB
Full tune on MAP

Along with my other bits and pieces i had XP cam, forged pistons etc + A2A intercooler will probably be installed before first start up, also trying to toss up between E85 ..... and im leaning towards it lol.

wondering how much of a struggle it will be for traction....

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III 1999
Nice! should be good, thanks for the update :)

haha no problem its been a while, getting a little bit too excited...., Anyway heres everything in the pic dont think i missed anything;

Je forged pistons .020" bore
Piston rings
Oil pump kit
Xp hot cam
Comp cam springs 125#
Modified retainers
Roll master double roller timing chain
LS7 lifters
7.00" pushrods (5/16)
Clevite bearings + cam bearings
ARP main + head studs.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III 1999
I know.... i've gone to far hahaha, Aaaah well she will be good fun though and 1 of a kind in my area havnt seen any

now back to some business lol, as i will never be selling the ute and am doing a fresh little build i was thinking off re seting my odometer back to 0kms. wondering if anyone would know how to go about that legally because im sure the boys in blue or transport department will have something to say.

Also am wondering if i will get away with out having to get a mod plate in QLD as L67s didnt come out in utes? (as far as im aware)

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
yeh your's is certainly one of a kind.. i was so excited and it was probably the main reason i got my ute ( http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/239448-tomis-vs-manual-ute-d.html ) that these ute's are pretty rare.. and now that i got mine all i see on the road are vr-vs ute's :bang: but anyways.. i don't know about the mod plates and that stuff so all i can say is good luck :)

If you get time please have a look at my ute thread.. any suggestions or anything just let me know :) http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/239448-tomis-vs-manual-ute-d.html