Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

serious help needed

normie666

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Vt Series 2 Olympic Edition
ahhhh help. as i was driving home yesterday the power train light kept coming on and then going off...what does this mean

also my car keeps over heating when standing still but noe when its driving

help me please

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
it sounds like ya cooling fans arnt coming on, no air going thru radiator unless the cars moving. and the light would be coming on cause its overheating or fans arnt working correctly. check ya fuse's and relays , and run the car with bonnet open and wait a few min's to see if the fans are swithching on and off. they should come on befor it hit's half way on temp guage. there's a self diognosis thing ya can do if ya know how to, and computer will tell ya whats wrong. wouldnt keep driving it thou you'll end up stuffing something and be up for heaps

normie666

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh i tried leaving it running and the fan came on...any ideas now?

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
na not really, . sorry bro. someone on here with more experience might know.

do ya know how to do the self diognosis/trouble code thing?? that might point ya in the right direction, (might)

normie666

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol it was the pump and the thermostat...205,000 kms and still original thermo so thats no wonder...and one of the turbine blade thingos in the pump had snapped in half so thats why...got it all fixed and now works beaut :)