Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service reminder

millionar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Commodore
I have a 2014 SSV Commodore. Servicing is done by owner. In the past, I have been able to clear the service vehicle soon warning by following the steps that worked fine. However, I have just hit 60k and no matter what I do, I cannot get rid of this warning. Comes on everytime I start the vehicle. Anybody got any ideas without taking it to a dealership who charged like wounded bulls. TKIA.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Have you found and tried this?

millionar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Commodore
Have you found and tried this?

Yep, that is what I have used in the past and it worked fine. The warning that is coming up is not the usual "change engine oil", instead this is one I haven't seen previously and says "service vehicle soon". Will not clear.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Have you tried holding down the Start button (without foot on brake or clutch) for 10 seconds to get into "Service Mode", then doing the 'push the accelerator three times quickly' thing?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Check for DTC’s as there may be a fault that could be unrelated but coincidently occurred at the same time as the service :rolleyes:

millionar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Commodore
Have you tried holding down the Start button (without foot on brake or clutch) for 10 seconds to get into "Service Mode", then doing the 'push the accelerator three times quickly' thing?
Yep, done all that and it has worked in the past, but not this time.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Service vehicle soon is more sinister than it sounds. Cant remember exactly what it means but you will need to have the car scanned. Its nothing to do with an actual service.

millionar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Commodore
Service vehicle soon is more sinister than it sounds. Cant remember exactly what it means but you will need to have the car scanned. Its nothing to do with an actual service.
Yea, just found that in the manual. Will have it scanned and hopefully not and expensive problem

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yes, it may be sinister but it‘s coincidental to any service (oil change) reminders or actual service which has been done (as I (poorly?) stated yesterday :p )

It means there is a fault which requires the vehicle to be scanned and hopefully more info will be revealed by the DTC itself which should point to the fault fi ing procedure within yje service manual one can follow to resolve this.

I vaguely remember in VE’s you could see such messages if oil (level?) se sore was bung…

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Yes, it may be sinister but it‘s coincidental to any service (oil change) reminders or actual service which has been done (as I (poorly?) stated yesterday :p )

It means there is a fault which requires the vehicle to be scanned and hopefully more info will be revealed by the DTC itself which should point to the fault fi ing procedure within yje service manual one can follow to resolve this.

I vaguely remember in VE’s you could see such messages if oil (level?) se sore was bung…
Be good if the dash display just told you WTF is wrong instead of just giving you a vague cryptic message!