Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

setting up splits (jvc headunit)

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
hey all, got 6.5 inch soundstream splits the other day, theyre running through a jbl touring series amp (unsure on power but came with a sub, its a 2 channel amp), and i cant tune the splits properly. both me and my friend think the problem is the headunit (relatively new jvc headunit).

we have gone through all the settings and the line out mode is set to rear (not woofer), but it almost seems like there should be more settings. only problem is we cant find them, and theres nothing extra in the cd player installation guide.

we have also fiddled with the settings on the amp with hardly any change in sound.

does this sound like a headunit problem? and does anyone else have a jvc headunit running with splits?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Hi,
What model is the JVC head-unit?

Have you tried changing the setting of the preout other than rear?
Also, im assuming the RCAs / power and earth wiring is all good, i.e. it was running the sub ok....and the filters on the amp are on 'full' or 'HPF' ?

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
hey mate,
i dont know the model off the top of my head but i can find out tomorrow. i tried the line out on woofer but that just makes it get little or no sound through the speakers (which makes sense)
all the earthing is all good and yes the sub worked with the amp. perhaps the amp is suited for subwoofers only and not general speakers.

JBL Car & Marine Audio

that amp is very similar to the one i have. perhaps thats the latest edition. so maybe it is just the amp. because i know my amp doesnt have as many settings on it as other mates amps.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Yea man thats not a full range amp, will only play frequencies upto 320Hz if you set the low pass filter that high. For now run em off the head unit, but an amp will make a world of difference, even if it is just a cheap 2 channel.

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
yeah its all wired up so all i have to do is change the amp over. i will get a new amp soon :)

any recommendations on a cheap 4 channel amp to run some rear 2 way alpine speakers and front splits?

not looking for massive amounts of sound just nice clear music :)

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
I just bought a 2500 Watt 5 way for only 130$ I could let you know how it sounds when it arrives :)