Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shark fin aerial?

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Aah yeah, I've seen these ones. I'm after a black one though, to match the base.

Good to know they work well though. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

The only problem is, I too wanted a black one, i won a black one to match my phantom Ve, however received a silver one. It doesn't conflict as much as it looks in the pic though, it actually looks very stylish. but yes, no reception loss for me, works fine.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I know its not a sharks fin but I put a Mazda CX7 aerial on my SSV. Less than half the lengths of the standard one and screws straight in. Only cost $24 from the local Mazda dealer too...
DSC01519.jpg

This is the best and cheapest option. I did it to mine the other day:

dave's car march 09 029.jpg

Mine actually looks shorter than the one in your pic but thanks for the advice anyway. :thumbsup:

BTW despite what I said earlier, a Suzuki Swift aerial doesn't quite fit on properly. It will screw in but the thread isn't quite long enough. The Mazda one is your best bet. Cost me $27.10 from Mazda dealer. :D

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
^^ I agree. I just went out and measured the aerial on my GF's Suzuki and it is 18cm long - less than half the length of the VE. Her car has never had any problems with poor reception or interference.

If anything, I'll just buy a factory aerial off a Swift or another car. At least it looks more proportional than that absurd horse whip on VE's...

Totally agree with davey here! First mod I did was piss off the barina aerial and on went the swift one. :D I haven't had any probs with the fitment of it so far, it's on tight enough and it hasn't come off in the 12mths it's been on.

P.S. Davey, how long till you get your pics up? only pic we seen is part of your rear window :p lol

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Totally agree with davey here! First mod I did was piss off the barina aerial and on went the swift one. :D I haven't had any probs with the fitment of it so far, it's on tight enough and it hasn't come off in the 12mths it's been on.

P.S. Davey, how long till you get your pics up? only pic we seen is part of your rear window :p lol

I know, I've been incredibly slack. I actually took some pics the other day but I'm not happy with the quality - I had some setting wrong on the camera - so I'm reluctant to post them up. I'll do it soon, trust me.

I too haven't had any reception problems with the new shorter aerial. :dance:

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
IMG_0555-1.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

5cms long,screws straight in

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Why dont you just cut the one you have on ur car in half? Would have got the same result, I bought a bee sting in chrome, really like it.

paynie

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss ute
They all look good in the pics, Im going to get me a good looking aerial

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
I know its not a sharks fin but I put a Mazda CX7 aerial on my SSV. Less than half the lengths of the standard one and screws straight in. Only cost $24 from the local Mazda dealer too...
DSC01519.jpg

Nice
Will get one for the VZ
the auto down on the fender whip doesn't go down all the way some times