Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] shaved

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
**** to hear that man. the reason people shave their doors is like why you or i shave, its for a cleaner look and for a smoother finish

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Exactly vkcommo, lol, pretty much hit the nail on the head!

Ok, just got off the phone with the great bloke on the RTA Tech Inquiries line, who told me yet again, as long as there is a mechanical way to open your door, both internally and externally, then that'd be alright..

As thats all it states in the ADR's about door handles.

And he's seen guys with Engineers Certificates still get defected any way, pretty much the only way to go (for me, if I keep getting defected) would be to complain to the police ombudsmen or something like that?

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
what you need to do is speak to another rta person about it and hope that their nice and get them to post it to you in writing, or even go to your rta and get a letter saying what they told you and carry that with you at all times.

thats the only way and then cops will probably say its forged, at least some might believe you.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
^^^ Yeah, basically, though I went in to the RTA, and the ladies didn't know anything about it, so they just gave me the Tech Inquiries line ph. number...

Might just have to ring them back up, and pester them to email it to me, I've printed out VSI 09, the one on wheel modifications, to show the highway patrol man next time... lol,

Why is it upto me to educate the people that are supposed to be enforcing these laws on our roads???!!!!

:axe:

:rofl2:

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
thats all they did to me when i asked about modifying engines on p plates..

Why is it upto me to educate the people that are supposed to be enforcing these laws on our roads???!!!!

because.. that is my answer and im sticking with it

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
because.. that is my answer and im sticking with it

lol,

Well, im booked in Thursday, for the Engineer, I figure its probly worth the 'insurance' the Certificate will supply - as in, next time, I just say "Yes officer, here's my Engineers Certificate..."

And what a difference it makes to the wheels when I actually CLEAN them..!

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
so if you have the cert then you cant be defected for it???

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well the guy at the RTA Tech Line has heard of it happening once - getting defected WITH an Engineering Certificate, but that wasn't just for door handles...

Technically I don't need one, (door handles fall into the category of 'minor body modification') but thats the first thing he asked for when he pulled me over, so I'm thinking if I hand him one next time, it might keep him happy.... If not, then I have something concrete to stand on when I contest the defect...!

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok..

you should havetold the cop that it was anm ex cop car and it came like that because they used it as show car to lure street racers..

that might work